Is the new ARC company the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please forgive me, fellow CPF'ers, if this is an ignorant question, but I thought ARC was out of business. I remember the owner (I forget his name, sorry guys) said on this site that he will not do it again and if another company showed up with the name of ARC that it would not be him. Please inform me as I would love to be able to at least entertain the possibility of owning a real ARC product someday(preferably new) and if this current company is as good or better that the old ARC, even better. Thanks.

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
All I'm going to say is that the old Arc Flashlight LLC did indeed go under, and Peter Gransee is behind the revived Arc enterprise.

Check out the Arc forum for information about the Arc AAA, and future Arc products.

If you want more information about what transpired with Arc, you're going to have to dig deeper. Underground, maybe.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
socom1970, it is a long story. Yes, my company did go out of business. I then explored several offers to work for other people and went with a local company. They have given me a lot of freedom to design the lights, market them, etc. Because "Arc" was a common law trademark, it reverted to public domain after it use was discontinued, the new company picked it up and it was trademarked. That is the very brief description of what transpired.

Understand that parts of the process were very unpleasant and there are still hard feelings with some people. The admin have required that any controversy about this or similiar topics be taken to the CPF underground.

Peter

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, I'm awfully sorry. I meant no offense in any way by bringing up the question. I didn't know it was a sore subject for anyone. To all whom I may have offended by bringing up this topic, please accept my deepest apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.