Surefire 6P mods??? Luxeon vs. shock-isolation

Jackyl

Enlightened
I plan to mount the 6P on my AR and am wondering about any mods that are available...for instance, strike bezel, lamp conversion, etc. Also, has R123 rechargeable technology come around yet or are Battery Station CR123's still where it's at? Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Re: Surefire 6P mods??? Cyclops?

You could use a M2 shock isolated bezel. I saw some for sale in the B/S/T Forum a couple of days ago.

You could use two Rechargeable 123s in a 2x123 body like your 6P, but you would need to use a P90 lamp assembly due to the higher voltage of the rechargeable 123s.

nc987

Enlightened

If your planning on mounting a surefire light to a rifle, go with Surefires universal systems or the LED scout light. Anything thats not shock isolated will not be able to handle the recoil of the gun. 6P shouldnt be mounted to a rifle if you plan on using your light to illuminate a target and blow it away.

Jackyl

Enlightened

Thanks guys, I'm looking at an M2 bezel and Z59 clicky tail cap. Made a post in the B/S/T...lookin for a deal. Just picked up some MiniMag LED converions from good ol Wally-World. Why can't you find these accessories at surefire.com?

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened

There's a thread about the Cyclops Xenon flashlights in the Incandescent forum.

The lamp assemblies for the UK 4AA will fit the Cyclops. I believe you could use the 4 watt and 2 watt lamps for the UK 4AA rechargeable. The Surefire P60 assemblies are a bit too large, but you could possibly dremel a bit off of the perimeter of the reflector to make it fit. Likewise, the BugOutGear 3W Luxeon drop-in will not fit without modification.

How do your Cyclops perform? The ones I bought seemed yellow and dim. They certainly didn't seem to have the promised 80 lumen output - my Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon seemed to beat them in the ceiling bounce test.

Jackyl

Enlightened

Compared to my 6P, keep in mind the Cyclops had the supplied junk CR123's, it was just a shade more yellow and about the same brightness. I figure they overrated or Surefire underrated.

Jackyl

Enlightened
Re: Surefire 6P mods???

Hey, I just found G&P 3-watt Luxeon conversions. I wouldn't have to worry about shock-isolation if I went that route would I?

Desert_AIP

Newly Enlightened
Jackyl,

G&P have a strike bezel replacement head for the 6P as well. I haven't read any reviews, but is does exist.
That 3W module will take 9 volts, so you can use it in a 6P with 2 R123s no problem.