• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: 17 UV LED 360nm Mod

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light as seen/sold here, has been modded with FoxUV leds. The light has 19leds in it, but only 17 light up, as 2 of them were lower VF than the rest, and died shortly. (the Vf of the FoxUV are usualy ~4volts, but some can dip much lower). I've since installed more resistance and it can be used with alkalines, as NiMH was under-driving most of the leds before. It now runs happily on fresh AAA's(4.8v) with good brightness.

I'm selling it as I use my dorcyaaa that has the same led in it more, as it's smaller, all though it doesn't have the same "oompf" or coverage as this does at distance. Plus I have a new project in the works I need funds for. :naughty:

Light Overview:
* Runs on 3 AAA Alkalines.
* Lens was turned into a retaining ring (lens blocked the UV).
* Black in color.
* Clicky tail switch.
* Has 19 leds, with 17 that work (can't tell unless you look into it- which is bad for your eyes :huh:).

Cost to you is $38 shipped in the US. PayPal of either kind is accepted, no extra charge.

To claim, please post in the thread first (not email/PM) so I know who posted first. Thanks.

Becarefull with this, as it may look dim to your eyes and not put out a lot of optical power, but the light that it does emit is true UV. If you want to look into the bezel at the leds, wear sunglasses. (test to make sure they block UV first!!) This can be done by shining the light at white fabric, and placing the sunglasses between the path of the light and fabric. If it stops glowing and goes dark, then the sunglasses block the UV. When wearing sunglasses you can still see that the LEDs are on dispite blocking the UV shining towards your eyes. I'm not responsible, nor the Manufactor of the leds if you hurt your eyes or anyone elses by use/missuse of this light.

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 17 UV LED 360nm Mod

Item is sold! In record time too!

I'll mail it off tommorow! :wave: