Xmas lights..which ones are you passing out this year?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
What can I say, I like to get my shopping done early.

I previously passed out

Q3s, SL JR Lux, and Scorpions.

I think this year the lights I will give out will be either a Fenix L1/L1P or a SL 4AA Lux or maybe the SL JR again. Trying to expose my friends to the world of luxeons. I try to keep it under $50 per light, and prefer them to use common batteries.

What are you guys giving this year?

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
I laid in a supply of Costco Luxeon lights last summer and upped my stash of CountyCom's keychain lights last week.. Also modded a couple of "Tap-on Tap-off" lights with a pair of P3 1W Luxs for my daughter's dark closets...

peachfuzz163

Newly Enlightened
I have a stash of Palights I purchased via the CPF promotion and I am giving one of the CPF 16 level special-editions away.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon Freedom Max's and SL PolyPro Lux's. I see the Freedoms at Brightguy for $11.50, is this the best deal? I will be ordering probably five of them shortly.

Other then the keychain lights, I'll never give out a light for a present that does not take common batteries. I have given out several CR123 lights in the past, mostly to family members. Despite my insistance on how cheaply and readily available the batteries are on the net, they always come back to me for replenishment and expect me to order it for them.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most people are getting the usual suspects (you can probably guess them based on what I deal in), but the special folks get the Fenix L1s - to step up to some REAL power. :D

Most non-flashaholics do not appreciate having to stock CR123s, which they perceive as exotic batteries. I want to make this as easy on them as possible. With AA cells, they'll use and like them. The Fenix L1 puts out very-similar-to-Surefire-KL1 output levels, which is very impressive for an AA powered light. It's this year's answer to the CMG Infinity Ultra.

Last year I gave away some CMGs, but I don't envision doing that again.

Lighthound's 5-LED AA lights make nice stocking stuffers, and again, run on AA batteries.
http://www.lighthound.com/sales/multi-led_flashlights.php

Which reminds me I really need to get the Christmas shopping done.

D

DO_U_C_DA_LITE

To the non flashaholics, maybe the Inova Radiant in AA or AAA . The easier and cheaper to find batteries, the better. To the people who appreciate what a quality flashlight is, Nuwai Q3's or a Streamlight tl-2 or 3. Girlfriend already has an E2d , so maybe a Inova T4 for her suv

BigBaller

Enlightened
Surefire G2's all around! Everyone I know uses either walmart trash or nothing so this will be a big step up for them. :)

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix L1Ps, a couple of E2E w/KL1 sets, the previously mentioned LightHound 5 LEDxAA lights, a handful of CC's $1 keychain lights and a self-modded purple 2xD Lux III Mag using a MJ converter for an old friend.

I really like to give lights at Christmas but I need more family members and friends to give them too so they don't feel inundated. (By the third or fourth box they start to say . . ."oh, let me guess another light :ohgeez:")

I can't help it. It's fun! :D

-LT

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought about 10 Streamlight KeyMates from someone who had some surplus. I haven't decided who to give them to yet. If I gave them to all of my major family members I would need 20 or 25.

(Actually this started when I bought one for myself to mod with an MJLED. Before I modded it my daughter saw it and liked it so I gave it to her. Then I bought another one and my wife wanted it. Then her niece saw it and wanted one, so I decided I had better buy a bunch of them.)