• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! Red-Orange LuxIII 3xAAA Pocket Rocket Mod!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a 3xAAA powered light that originally had a luxeon clone. It has been replaced with a LuxIII Red-Orange emitter. The reflector is metal, and does a great job making a nice beam. The luxeon is a H2G bin, and while the Vf is less than the battery source, due to the amount of current it pulls, full power is achieved with NiMH AAA (3.6-3.8v). The light DOES get hot if left sitting on a table, about as hot as my tri-lux mag setup. It won't burn you if you pick it up though, and the light doesn't dim drasticaly from excess heat. It gets only warm while held in your hand. The R/O luxIII is rated at 1.4 amps and with 3x AAA NiMH it runs just right under that.

Light Overview:
* Red-Orange LuxIII. (close to 190 lumens)
* Titanium color.
* 3 AAA powered (fresh alkaline=700ma, NiMH=1.2-1.3amp).
* Metal reflector (very very faint donut hole/splotch/bondwire shadow).
* Hotspot is about 2x the size of a Fenix hotspot.
* Head is same diameter as body of light.
* Comes with original lanyard.
* Mint other than a small dent in the body right next to the tail cap knurling (not really noticeable).

Cost to you is $31 shipped in the US. PayPal of either kind is accepted, no extra charge.

To claim, please post in the thread first (not email/PM) so I know who posted first. Thanks.

This thing is super bright. If you close your eyes and aim it at your face, it will shine right through and be bright! If you turn it on and point it at your hand, you WILL see spots! If you point it at white paper, the hotspot will look yellow, and in 2-3 secs it will look WHITE. Talk about overloading your eyes!! :) Great to whip out and freak someone out with, or flood a room with creepy red light!

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Red-Orange LuxIII 3xAAA Pocket Rocket Mod!

farmall: Sorry, don't have any photos.

Yaesumofo: It's yours! lol :D

EDIT: oh yeah it has a clicky tail cap.

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
DARNIT I missed another one!
Christo_pull_hair.gif

I'm never logging off of CPF again!

Just kidding... Let me know if/when you get tired of it, O-sink man.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are making me regretting selling it! lol.

It is pretty fun to play with and you can pocket it, unlike my R/O mag. I've always wanted to take it to the bar/nightclub I frequent and shine it on my face 2" or so away so if they look at me, they get blinded by the reflection. I think one of the bouncers had a KL1 or something, it was LED, and super bright and small to check id's with. Some have G2's...

This would be freakish taken into a movie theater too hehe.

This light drove me nuts modding it, because I couldn't get a good ground (it would flicker), and finally used a screw to get the ground good. I never really took the time to play wiht it much after I fixed it. I don't know where to get the host from, waion sold it to me in a sale he had. Well, I'm going to blind myself one more time. There we go. Farewell spots! lol :D

attowatt

Enlightened
IsaacHayes said:
You guys are making me regretting selling it! lol.

It is pretty fun to play with and you can pocket it, unlike my R/O mag. I've always wanted to take it to the bar/nightclub I frequent and shine it on my face 2" or so away so if they look at me, they get blinded by the reflection. I think one of the bouncers had a KL1 or something, it was LED, and super bright and small to check id's with. Some have G2's...

This would be freakish taken into a movie theater too hehe.

This light drove me nuts modding it, because I couldn't get a good ground (it would flicker), and finally used a screw to get the ground good. I never really took the time to play wiht it much after I fixed it. I don't know where to get the host from, waion sold it to me in a sale he had. Well, I'm going to blind myself one more time. There we go. Farewell spots! lol :D

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: