When obssesion turns to madness

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey forum members, after trolling the last few weeks and reading heavily through the ledmuseum and flashlightreviews sites, I decided to become bonafide, so I can interact with everyone.
The same friend who awakened the ham in my blood and turned me on to shortwave has turned me into a flashlight hound now. I don't know whether to hug him or hit him!
I started my collection with a chinese-ebay 19LED flashlight and 7LED headlamp this camping season, then got some Sea-Pals,a form of the PAL Light from SeacurityProducts.
Next was the SP-3 from Iqlights (formerly Seacurity), and last weekend we went to Bass Pro and I took my quantum leap and got a Surefire Centurian 3 and a P91 bulb. Got the River Rock 2AA yesterday, and so help me there's no end in sight....

I was a gumball machine junkie before all this ever started, and have found something truely evil in my local Weis Supermarket. A gumball that has little tiny flashlights! There are 3 styles: classic torch shape, lantern, and one that looks like a dirt devil. I only need a lantern now...

I like the way the torch is so small, it fits nice on my HT. And for 50c, they're brighter than they look.
Does this cross the line into crazyland, or do I get there by buying a SF10x?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omega Man said:

Welcome to CPF!! :D

Crazy is when you look at an expensive (triple digit $$) light and say "I'll have half a dozen of those please" or, when you decide between two lights, and the famous CPF phrase "buy both" comes to mind (and you actually buy both). Then you know you are on a path from which there is no return....... :naughty:

.... or when the lights start to talk to you.

*turns around to tell my 30 lights to stop talking so loudly so I can think*

litho123

Enlightened
Omega Man said:
I was a gumball machine junkie before all this ever started, and have found something truely evil in my local Weis Supermarket. A gumball that has little tiny flashlights! There are 3 styles: classic torch shape, lantern, and one that looks like a dirt devil. I only need a lantern now...

I like the way the torch is so small, it fits nice on my HT. And for 50c, they're brighter than they look.

Nope - you cross over into crazyland when you modify those gumball lights to be BRIGHTER - like run off hearing aid batteries and drop an LED into it.

Welcome to CPF by the way. :wave:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Obssesion? Madness? Like one of the member's sig line states. . .'It's not OCD when it's a hobby!'—Or something like that. . .

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
litho123 said:
"Nope - you cross over into crazyland when you modify those gumball lights to be BRIGHTER - like run off hearing aid batteries and drop an LED into it."

Ha, my bro's girlfriend is currently at a souvenier tradeshow/convention, and I asked her to grab me as many keylights and led toys as she could find. Anything that glows, shines,flashes, grab a handful for me!
So if I get a subtancial lot, I'll be posting another thread asking what I could possibly do with all them things. Keeping in mind of coarse that I'm a simpleton and don't own a soldering iron yet after moving out.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omega Man said:
Hey forum members, after trolling the last few weeks and reading heavily through the ledmuseum and flashlightreviews sites, I decided to become bonafide, so I can interact with everyone.
The same friend who awakened the ham in my blood and turned me on to shortwave has turned me into a flashlight hound now. I don't know whether to hug him or hit him!
I started my collection with a chinese-ebay 19LED flashlight and 7LED headlamp this camping season, then got some Sea-Pals,a form of the PAL Light from SeacurityProducts.
Next was the SP-3 from Iqlights (formerly Seacurity), and last weekend we went to Bass Pro and I took my quantum leap and got a Surefire Centurian 3 and a P91 bulb. Got the River Rock 2AA yesterday, and so help me there's no end in sight....

scary thing is i dont have ANY of the lights that you have which means you dont have any of the lights that i have, which also means we both have a long way to go! :ohgeez: