IPod says "do not disconnect"

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have recently transferred a bunch of songs and pictures to a new iPod. It is linked with this computer. Here recently, even after it is completed its update and synchronization process, the iPod continues to say do not disconnect. It used to say update complete on the computer and the menu would return on the iPod.

Is this a bug with iTunes or the iPod itself? Or is it actually doing something that it is supposed to? What I have done to be able to safely take it off of the USB is not only eject the iPod and iTunes, but also used the stop feature in the task bar on Windows that says unplug or eject hardware. This gets laborious after a while.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Are their new updates that have come out for iPod within the last two weeks that I might not be aware of?

Thanks a million!

Bushman

turbodog

Flashaholic
There is an option in itunes that will KEEP the pod connected even after a synch is finished. It sounds like it has gotten turned on since you can still manually stop and unplug it.

Penguin

Enlightened
On the left of the playlist there should be another column with your ipod on it, to the right of your ipod there should be a small eject sign looks like a ^ in a black circle. Press that when you're done uploading.

Saaby

Flashaholic
and all "Do Not Disconnect" means is that the iPod is still mounted. If you yank it the computer will yell at you, but you're unlikely to permanently harm anything. Worst case scenario you corrupt some songs on the iPod and have to re-copy them.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Turbo dog I think I figured out the problem. I had it enabled for disk use. Once I turned that off, it disconnected itself. I appreciate the tips, hopefully their will be no more hiccups.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have disc use enabled on my iPod, and instead of it automatically being ready to disconnect, I have to click the little eject button in iTunes, wait a few seconds, and then I can safely unplug it.