Question for Frequent Flyers

Saaby

Flashaholic
I'm taking a short, 1-way flight tomorrow. Flying to my grandmas house, and then coming back down with her by car about a week from now. It's 1 60 minute flight.

I figured because the flight is 1-way, I would have the dreaded SSSS on my boarding pass, but I have printed it and checked in online, and I see no SSSS.

So does this mean I'm free and clear? I have 1 bag to check, and even if they gave me a SSSS pass then, I could just use my home-printed boarding pass to go through Security, right?

Guess I'll plan on getting there 90 minutes early anyway, just to be safe.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
You did not say which airlines you are flying. Each uses a different technique.

Southwest now has a different method. You can not print your boarding pass if you are subject to the security check. This is, in my mind, a good change. On the other hand, the silly TSA folks still don't check the validity of the boarding pass (one and only one use, for instance) before the checkpoint. They still don't require that you use the same boarding pass to get on the plane as you used to get through screening.

On the brighter side, the screening line at Oakland is way shorter and takes very little more time than the regular line.

cognitivefun

Enlightened
you should be fine with the home-printed boarding pass. And in any event, even if you get more thoroughly screened, it's not a big deal anyway.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Delta, but it's really operated by Skywest.

Alright, thanks for the info. Done worrying about it. Will under-pack my carryon just to be safe.