Auto Part websites?

K A

Enlightened
I have a 1999 Toyota Corolla. Today the plastic molding around the interior drivers side door cracked just at the bottom of the pivot point for the handle. Basically making it so you can't open the door from the inside due to the handle moving about at the bottom. :awman: If you can hold the handle just right while pulling on the handle you can get it to open.

Any ideas for auto parts websites? I'm going to try calling around in the morning to see if any store might have something. I don't hold much hope for success. Might have to try a scrap yard.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I doubt that any auto part store would have the Toyota-specific part that you need. Your local Yota dealer would be able to get it for you, but it's probably not going to be cheap. Like you said, you might want to call around to the various auto salvage yards in your area. Heck, they might have one already pulled out of a car and ready to sell, if they don't they should be able to track one down on their computer system.. :)

Ericz23

Newly Enlightened
I work for Toyota. Could you post a pic and I will try to get a price for you.

K A

Enlightened
Ericz23 said:
I work for Toyota. Could you post a pic and I will try to get a price for you.

I would have posted something last night but CPF died or something and I couldn't connect past the main page.

*EDIT*

Just got off the phone with the local Toyota parts & service. They have one in stock and I will pick it up tomorrow morning. Isn't priced too bad I suppose. $20 + taxes. Rather expensive for just a piece of plastic but it does come with a new handle as well.

Kinda cheap to have the handle pivot in plastic.. oh well.

Last edited:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Yeah, that dealer price of $20 is not bad considering that it is a Toyota part. (I was thinking that it was a bigger piece of plastic than what you've shown in those pics.) :)