Nuwai TM-301X-5 or Likki Lite SL-13

dannyboy153

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Every since i bought my Streamlight Jr Luxeon flashlight, I fell in love with the luxeon technology. I bought a Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon 4aa after the Jr but didn't like the output...the super bright center annoyed the heck out of me and I needed something that does a better job of lighting my path as I love to take late night walks around the beach. I find the 4aa is more of a "spot light" flashlight.

I read the reviews for the Nuwai TM-301X-5 and the Likki Lite SL-13 on flashlightreviews.com and did a search but couldn't find any info for the Likki. Has anyone on this forum tried both flashlights? Any comments would be of great help.

Thanks alot guys!!!!!!

onthebeam

Enlightened
If you like a smooth flood look, the Nuwai Q3 (3 watts, not 5) is a good choice. It's very bright but also easy on the eyes.

dannyboy153

Newly Enlightened
Thanks onthebeam for the reply. The Q3 is very similar to the Streamlight Jr that i currently use. The Jr., however, lasts three times longer and uses two cheap aa batteries that's available everywhere.

I think Im going to go with the Nuwai. Looking at the beam shots of both lights, the Nuwai looks smoother than that of the Likki's.

onthebeam

Enlightened
Sure thing. My Q3 is quite a bit brighter than my Streamlight Jr. Luxeon. I like them both though. You might want to try running Panasonic Oxyrides in it for more brightnesss.

lexina

Enlightened
dannyboy153 said:
I think Im going to go with the Nuwai. Looking at the beam shots of both lights, the Nuwai looks smoother than that of the Likki's.

I think you can't go wrong with the Nuwai. I have the Q3 and love its beam. The TM301, like the Q3, has an orange-peel reflector (unlike the Likki) which should go some way in diffusing the hot spot and ensuring an artifact-free beam. In my opinion, it also has a more unique look. I did some comparisons of 5W lights under $80 and summarised them here:-

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/100147

If you end up with the Nuwai, please let us know how it turns out - I am quite keen on the light too but I can't decide between it and the Vari-brite 52L.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
dannyboy153 said:
Hey guys,

...the super bright center annoyed the heck out of me
When I first got my Propolymer Luxeon I messed up the reflector (tried to rub off a fingerprint). I took a can of Dutch Boy Fresh Look Instant Chrome metallic enamel paint and sprayed some in a container. I used a Q-tip and dabbed the paint all over the reflector and made it into an orange peel texture. The beam is now a pretty good circle but it's not as bright anymore :(