C2 vs. L5 (failproof quest)

shinestar

Newly Enlightened
Hi, guys!
This is my first post and hope you can help me.
I have a Surefire G2 and Ilove it. It's powerfull and failproof.
I want to buy another Surefire, the C2 or the L5. I know the benefit of a LED light,
but that´s not the question. I´m looking for a failproof flashlight,
that don't need to replace parts(except lamps) and to be fixed.I live in Brazil,
so it´s hard to find parts to be replaced.
There are two differences between C2 and L5:
-C2 uses a twist switch like G2 and to me it´s so simple that seems failproof.
-L5 uses a clickie switch. Is that failproof?
-L5 uses LED, that is shockproof. How about the regulator circuit that runs the LED?
Is that shockproof and failproof?
Can you tell me what is the most failproof flashlight?C2 or L5?
Thanks!
(Sorry about my english and thanks for this so cool forum.)

My lights:
Energizer ProX
Surefire G2

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
No such thing as a fail proof light, but both are going to be rather reliable. Seems that mechanical/circuit malfunctions with SF are rare, but they do happen. I had to have the clickie in question replaced.

The C2 is going to have the same P60 lamp as your G2. Seems like the L5 would give you a little more variety. Being outside the US, you might order the L5 with a backup HA Z41 tailcap and maybe the M2 shock-isolated bezel, that would give you several options right there, plus a backup if you needed to mail something to SF for warranty service. :)

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome To CPF!

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as failproof. Even the best lights can and do have problems.

Of your two choices, the C2 will give you exactly the same output and performance as your G2. Only difference is the style and body material.

An LED light will certainly eliminate bulb failures and would add a different technology and performance to your collection.

I would not be particularly concerned over the switch type. I prefer a clickie, and have had no problems with SF switches.

Remember, SF will fix any problem under full warranty. Might be a pain to send it in, but you will not be left without excellent support.

Mark

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Get the L5 for the above reasons, buy an additional twisty tailcap if you prefer this switch and the failproof aspect it offers (costs about $12 IIRC) and if you want you can also add the above mentioned M2 bezel for incan use.
The L5 is a fantastic light!
Later on ... if you are willing you can buy yourself a 2-stage switch kit from the Sandwich Shoppe and transform your L5 into a 2-stage light.
bernie

shinestar

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys! Those words help me to illuminate my mind. I was thinking: maybe a G2 LED (not a conversion one,but a true one with a nitrolon bezel) is gonna be fine to me.
I hope SF people read this message.