introducing Wolf Eyes' Eagle line (focusable xenon tactical lights)

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eagles have landed! There are many models to sort out. The lineup appears to track very closely with the established lineup (which uses lamp assemblies). Anyone who was hoping for big gains in brightness will be disappointed. the only significant gain comes when using the 2x123A model with primary cells (100 lumens in the focusable model, 80 in the nonfocusable). In all other models, output is up by 0 to 8 percent. As before, using a four-cell body with a pair of lithium ions will give you more runtime, but not more brightness.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Interesting! I'll wait to find out what some of the reviewers make of these?

I will say one thing though, these lights have (to my eyes at least) better aesthetics than the previous wolf eyes models. However, aesthetics aren't worth a damn if the beam quality is poorer!

Doug

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
They look nice! Wonder if they are infringing on Mag's patents...
Would love to see some reviews and prices.

bebe

Newly Enlightened
Hello there...

Pffhuu - how can theese lights be 3400 lumens when my 6Z original are 60 lumens and blows away all the maglites I've met...

I'm quite new to this - I even thought the only measurement for light where "candle" - there you see how much I know about this.

Børre

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
markdi is correct. Wolf Eyes claims 3400 lumens for their Crocodile, which is part of Wolf Eyes HID (high-intensity discharge) lights. For the Eagles, the specs are 80 to 140 lumens when using rechargeables, 100 to 200 lumens when not.

bebe

Newly Enlightened
Paul_in_Maryland said:
markdi is correct. Wolf Eyes claims 3400 lumens for their Crocodile, which is part of Wolf Eyes HID (high-intensity discharge) lights. For the Eagles, the specs are 80 to 140 lumens when using rechargeables, 100 to 200 lumens when not.

Sorry, but I still don't get it... is it the same lumen?