Not all bins are created equal...

grnamin

Enlightened
I learned an important lesson tonight. Had two Luxeon III UX1Ls. Installed one in a KL4 with a Wiz2 (750mA). I was surprised at how green the beam was when compared to another KL4 equipped with a TWAK and a BB600. What's worse, the UX1L looked like it was a little bit dimmer than the TWAK. Even worse was the fact that the UX1L powersource was a Pila 168s while the TWAK was juiced by a single 1x123.
sigh.gif
. Good thing I purchased two UX1Ls. I swapped the UX1L with the second one. The newly installed one not only outshines the TWAK, but is almost as white at the latter. :D It seems that within the same bin, color and output vary. Can't wait to get the TWOH I ordered to see how that fares. Important lesson: Best to get two of each Luxeon of the same bin. If you don't like the first one, you can always swap it out with the second.
naughty.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely! My first two Elements both had QY0Js and were both impressive... unless you compared them to each other and you'd realize one was greener and less bright than the other one. Matter of fact, I'd have to say that the brighter one was about 50% brighter than the green one.

The bins are just a guide. If you want a truly good light, I'd suggest ordering at least two (three or four would be even better) of the same bin and trying all of them in the same build.