Tannerite anyone?

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Has anybody else here tried it before?
Look here for a testimonial
or here for buying info

My dad's friend found out about it and now we always take it out to the desert when we go shooting. It is really cool stuff. When it goes off you can feel it in your chest!! The best part is that it is actually legal in California, or at least it was a year or so ago.

Hopefully we will get the chance to play with it some more this winter break on our desert excursion.

Oh, and random gun question. What is the difference between a magazine and a clip? I think magazine is the correct way of saying it, but does anyone know?

Last edited:

springnr

Enlightened
The magazine is that which holds the cartridges so that they can be fed into the firearm and fired. (pistol or rifle)

A clip is a device designed to hold cartridges so that they can be fed easily into the magazine for use.

A clip or ''stripper clip'' holds cartridges that are to be fed (stripped) into the magazine - sort of like speed loaders for semi-automatics.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
K, thank you .

To post pics you need to use http://www.imageshack.us/ or something similar. once you upload it you just copy the link that it gives you into this browser. I can't remember which link to use as they give several, I think its the one that has [img/] or something similar at the beginning and end of the phrase.

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
springnr said:
The magazine is that which holds the cartridges so that they can be fed into the firearm and fired. (pistol or rifle)

A clip is a device designed to hold cartridges so that they can be fed easily into the magazine for use.

A clip or ''stripper clip'' holds cartridges that are to be fed (stripped) into the magazine - sort of like speed loaders for semi-automatics.

Correct.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
...and a picture is worth...well...here...:)

magclips.jpg

JM-99

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
So since my M1 garand has no spring it is really a clip? Or since the clip/magazine actually holds the rounds while in the gun, it is a magazine? Are there any relatively new guns that use clips nowdays? My friend had a old mauser that I think took clips. Are there any new guns like this?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I think that clips are largely obsolete - their main function seems to have been temporary storage of ammunition for speed-loading magazines. Magazines can be internal to the weapon (ie M1 Garand), or removable (ie most military rifles and automatic pistols). There are also clip-fed magazines (M1 Garand, I think), but I think those are also obsolete.