Only thing missing from the Fenix L1P is an anti roll bezel?

m209

Banned
Only thing missing from the Fenix L1P is an anti roll bezel? And better HA III. I wish a natural color version was available.

http://nbox00.tripod.com

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can always nitpick. The Fenix is an excellent light. Perfect one for me would have a form factor like the old Arc AA: flat tail with split ring hole, "crush your battery" type front twisty body and Fenix electronics, reflector, UCL bezel. I would love to find something like a riflescope lens cap that would go over the front and back of this perfect light for protected pocket carry.

chrisse242

Enlightened
nerdgineer said:
I can always nitpick. The Fenix is an excellent light. Perfect one for me would have a form factor like the old Arc AA: flat tail with split ring hole, "crush your battery" type front twisty body and Fenix electronics, reflector, UCL bezel.

That should be easy. Simply replace the End cap with a custom made twisty and rotate the head to achieve on/off. Someone to build the cap should be easy to find, having it annodized might be little harder though.

Chrisse

ChrisA

Enlightened
Only thing missing from the Fenix L1P is an anti roll bezel?

there's an easy fix for that:

antiroll.jpg

that's a mag 2c but i guess you get the idea
icon14.gif

chris

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I put a tiny split ring in mine that fits through both lanyard holes and it helps with rolling.

Stu

Newly Enlightened
s, p, d & f orbitals.. somewhere in the Rockies
I noticed Lighthound.com has some decent pics of the Fenix L1P, but I couldn't see the lanyard attachment hole very well. The split ring idea sounds good. Is there a particular size ring anybody would recommend for that? There are some rings available at Lighthound, would any of those be best?

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a little nylon string through the holes as a finger lanyard. Anti-roll. Retains tailstand capability, doesn't rattle or scratch. Helps with fishing from pocket. I did have to poke the string through the holes with a little needle and some tweezers.

29481952538_275c6e5ab9_o.jpg

Last edited:

fleegs

Enlightened
I wish it had a normal clicky. One where you could turn the light on momentarily.

rob

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Stu said:
I noticed Lighthound.com has some decent pics of the Fenix L1P, but I couldn't see the lanyard attachment hole very well. The split ring idea sounds good. Is there a particular size ring anybody would recommend for that? There are some rings available at Lighthound, would any of those be best?

PM me with your address and I will send you 10 of them.
I have a thread with a description of there HERE.
I don't have any pics of them as my digital camera sucks at closeup pics.

savumaki

Enlightened
I used a small split ring to stop mine from rolling when I take it out of my pocket: other than that I am convinced I must be sick :p;;

I LIKE MY FENIX JUST THE WAY IT IS !!! like I said I must be sick.

Karl

Xygen

Enlightened
The only thing a don't like is the poorly regulation with alkaline batteries.
Why is it so difficult to integrate a good regulation circuit? Or is it just the costs of it?
Plase don't tell me to use NiMh. I know that. But I'd like to use the Fenix to drain some old batteries.

chrisse242

Enlightened
Xygen said:
The only thing a don't like is the poorly regulation with alkaline batteries.
Why is it so difficult to integrate a good regulation circuit? Or is it just the costs of it?
Plase don't tell me to use NiMh. I know that. But I'd like to use the Fenix to drain some old batteries.

Well, I guess the fenix has pretty much the best circuit that can be made for a 1xaa Luxeon-light right now. Alkalines are simply not up to the task. To drain alkaline-aa's you'll have to look for some kind of 5mm-light.

Chrisse

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xygen: it's a matter of physics. There isn't enough capacity in a AA alkaline to have full regulation. To have Constant current driver with 1.5 volt input, the current draw would be so huge the alkaine would not be able to do it. So they use semi-regulated voltage boost type circuit that will turn on with less voltage and be less taxing on the AA. NiMH will deliver the same amount of current/voltage right untill it is empty, unlike an AA alkaline which drops voltage as it's being used. That is why it dims down with alkalines, becuase of the way the behave and that nature of the circuit that has to be used with the low (1.5v) input voltages of a single cell.