Online FPS games.. ever been kicked for being too good?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I was playing DooM3 a bit ago, and I was kicked and banned from a server. It was team death match, and I was the only one on a team, 3 vs 1. I was winning quite easily, these guys weren't too good. I was able to keep grabbing armor and health so they could pummle me and then I just picked them off.

Then I get booted off with the stupid PunkBuster BS and it said you are banned cheater. Take your wall-hack somewhere else. I don't know what the heck that is, but I was not cheating, nor have any addons that would cause that. Someone typed in the message from what I can tell..

Anyone else experince the same?

Brock

Flashaholic
Yup, I have been kicked from a couple of Tribes servers for "cheating" and I have never cheated or even know how. Sometimes I wish I did.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
my friend played online.. i think "wallhack" is a code you put in so you can cheat by seeing through walls and seeing the other opponents. i don't know why they would think that of you, maybe you were too good!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock, it kinda sucks doesn't it? I played a mod for quake2 called action quake2 and got so good at sniping and getting head shots people complained ALL the time. (I would run and jump/whatever and still nail them in the head, not just camp. I was near unstoppable. Team deathmatch I would take out the entire team when they were charging me with machine guns.. hehe) Then the server dude would come on and check me out and say nope, he isn't using an aimbot. Then they'd get all quite. hehe. At least back then I wasn't kicked/banned...

the day, ah, well the way the level was set up that really woulnd't help any. Plus in a fast pasted shooter that wouldn't help any really... :shrug: I guess they had to just make a reason to get me off of their game!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im way to stupid for the new games i bought doom 3 and i played it 10 minutes and got frustrated to much to figure out id get lost and stuff lol

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie, the Single player can be tricky especially since they made it so dark.
Have you tried playing online multi player with it? It's much more simple!! lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my version is on xbox are they the same?i only play sigle version.i liked doom 1 that was more my speed.i thinks its only like 2 meg download if ya can find it lol.i bought doom 3 for x box and realy played it less then 10 minutes.i wanted to take it back to blockbuster but i lost reccpt.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I think you need to pay for a subscription for xbox live or somethign then.

I have doom1 and doom2, duke nukem3d, and shadow warrior on my 256meg flash drive. They run right from the drive and work on XP (ported versions). I can always have entertianment when I go somewhere that has a computer and a USB port! :)

I got my doom3 PC copy sealed off of ebay for a total of $25 when it first came out and was going for like $47 or whatever. :)

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I've never been kicked for being too good, and thankfully, never been kicked for being too bad either. My current addiction is Battlefield 2. Most of the time I end up in the middle to lower third of the team. I'm hoping this is due to a slow DSL conection and older computer hardware. I would hate to think it is due to my lack of gaming skill.

RadarGreg

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played unreal tournament a bit and thought it was fun, did pretty well...and then discovered that I suffer "simulator sickness" and was ill for the rest of the day. It was so unpleasant that I haven't tried another FPS since.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
zsepctre, I sometimes get that too. The more you play the more it goes away. Just do it in small doses, and eventually you'll be fine. Also tweak how fast you turn with your mouse until you get setting that is more comfortable.

I can't watch others play or spectate in a game, that really makes me sick. I've found some games make me more sick than others, due to how fast you move/turn...

peekay331

Newly Enlightened
zespectre said:
I played unreal tournament a bit and thought it was fun, did pretty well...and then discovered that I suffer "simulator sickness" and was ill for the rest of the day. It was so unpleasant that I haven't tried another FPS since.

try the original wolfenstein, i still get nauseous just typing that word in.

Navck

Enlightened
Theres an old joke on this
"On Quake 3, 10 kills is a Ultra kill"
"On Unreal Torument, 10 kills is a MMMONSTER kill"
"On Counterstrike, 10 kills in a row is banned by console"

Went along like that

I've however banned, kicked, and at worse, slowhacked players (As in screwing their mod up enough where they need to redo their settings)
Why?
A:Kept killing the admin when I notified them (5+ times in general, and I was the admin...)
B:Calling my server various "X rated insults" and insults toward my family because I didn't bend over and kiss their feet (U GIMMIE ADMIN NOW LOZOR I WAN TO GOD PWN U!! !LOZLORS)
C:Being total idiot (LOL TEAMKILLZ FUN!!!11111! OMG!)
D:Bad grammar/spelling/lack of intelligence in typing, as if something was smashing their keyboard and hitting enter after that (See two examples above)

And many more reasons.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
zsepctre, I sometimes get that too. The more you play the more it goes away. Just do it in small doses, and eventually you'll be fine. Also tweak how fast you turn with your mouse until you get setting that is more comfortable.

I can't watch others play or spectate in a game, that really makes me sick. I've found some games make me more sick than others, due to how fast you move/turn...

Unfortunately no, it doesn't work for me <sigh>. I've tried FPS games from Wolfenstein right up to UT and as the graphics improve it seems to take longer for me to feel bad but once I cross that threshold ---pfft--- done for a day or two. I get the sim-sickness REALLY badly :mecry:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
try playing only for say 5 mins. Stock. Come back an hour later. Try it again. Next day try to increase to 10. You have to play to wehre you stop before you get sick. Then you can slow increase your time. It's like building up a tollerance.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love to play Doom, quake, duke nukem, half-life, halo, etc, and sometimes get the sim-sickness, I found at least in my case not to be too close to the monitor helps also try and have an incand bulb on next to the monitor (desk lamp). I am thinking if those sea sickness pills would work for game sickness.

BTW Do you know any good forums that teach the basics of online gaming, I subscribed to DSL and want to give it a try

Thanks!
AlexGT

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
uhm, pratice is all I can say! lol. Setup your keys and mouse to the movment/whatever is most comfortable for you, and just keep playing!!

BTW kind of related to motion sickness, I found if I'm dizzy (not from playing games) from sinuses/whatever, taking 60mg of decongestants works great. Once I got vertigo so bad from that, I couldn't walk. Took some medicine, and was all better later on.. ugh! I hate being dizzy! lol

RadarGreg

Enlightened
AlexGT said:
I love to play Doom, quake, duke nukem, half-life, halo, etc, and sometimes get the sim-sickness, I found at least in my case not to be too close to the monitor helps also try and have an incand bulb on next to the monitor (desk lamp). I am thinking if those sea sickness pills would work for game sickness.

BTW Do you know any good forums that teach the basics of online gaming, I subscribed to DSL and want to give it a try

Thanks!
AlexGT

Nothing like getting your @$$ handed to you for a few hours by a teenager hundreds of miles away to improve your skills. I had a good gaming weekend this past weekend and improved greatly. I'm still not the top block player, but did get a chance to get in the top half of my Battlefield 2 team.

You can check at your drug store and see if they have these motion sickness bands. You wear them on your wrist and it is supposed to help motion sickness. Wolfenstein would put me on my back for hours after playing it for only a few minutes, but thankfully most new games don't have that effect on me anymore. Also, try putting a cold cloth around the back of your neck. A helicopter crew chief taught me that trick once. It is supposed to greatly reduce your motion sickness. He ought to know I guess; anything to keep the troops from hurling in his bird would be to his benefit!

RadarGreg