1 watt cyan beam pattern??

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have discussed this before however can not find the thread for some reason....I need to refresh my memory please.
I have just found some cyan luxeons at the Shoppe for 6 dollars. I have always wanted a few colored luxeons for various lights however never experimented with any.This looks like a good deal to get a few so before I buy any I need to ask a question.
I know that the colored versions of almost any 5 mm LED have very bad artifacts. Does the 1 and 3 watt colored luxeons suffer from the same problem and have worse beams that the white versions??
I have a few IMS 17 mm reflectors and need to know how the cyan or even the blue luxeons will perform with these.
Colored beamshots with reflectors are very hard to find on here.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't noticed any artifacts per se... I've built a few Lux III mods using small hosts and if I've noticed one thing, it's that the hotspot is usually larger than with white Lux IIIs, esp the Red/Orange.

I do have a cyan Lux I built on one of those cheesy 3xAAA hosts and the reflector used it pretty wide and shallow so it doesn't really have a lot of throw, but again, no artifacts.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I have a one watt cyan Luxeon. It has a beam that looks like it has a radiator in it when used with a NX05 optic. If I use one of DarkZero's modified MiniMag orange peel reflectors it has a much better beam.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
reflector will give you more of an even beam. Optic will magnify the grill lines in the die, which a white has phosphur so it blends those over. Colored luxes do not have phos. so...