Philips LED Christmas Lights 20% off at Target

dehnehsu

Newly Enlightened
The 60 ct. Philips LED Christmas Lights are 20% off at Target this week (Nov. 20 thru the 26th) Sun thru Sat.

Last edited:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is somebody willing to buy a set with blue LEDs and forward it to Belgium? PM please :)

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a set a few weeks ago for 11.99. I think they are great. They even come with spare bulbs and a fuse like regular lights. Mines are the colored stubby type. They seem brighter than regular lights and have a mild almost not noticable flicker to them.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If anybody in close proximity to a Target can purchase and mail a set of BLUE ones to me, and have Paypal, I'll gladly reimburse you for the cost of the light set plus postage.

My mailing address is:

Craig Johnson
The LED Museum
745 N. 104th St.
Seattle WA. 98133-9211

This address is published all over the internet, so I do not mind posting it here.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
dehnehsu said:
The 60 ct. Philips LED Christmas Lights are 20% off at Target this week (Nov. 20 thru the 26th) Sun thru Sat.

Hi, are they these ones? If they are, what is on the output side of the transformer? 12VDC? I presume it comes with a 110VAC transformer kit.

I'm looking for a few sets also.

dehnehsu

Newly Enlightened
hotbeam, Only the 60 count (60 bulbs) are on sale. Here is the pic from the add.

051120_p15mw_b12gm_4.jpg

From Target...

Phillips 60-ct. LED lights
20% off
For indoor or outdoor use. Choose from three bulb shapes.

• Cool to the touch when lit
• Break resistant
• End-to-end connections
• Clear or assorted colors
• Ultra-low power usage

Reg. 11.99 & 14.99, sale 9.59 & 11.99.

link...
http://weeklyad.target.com/target/c...umber=15&rapid=200121&listingid=-2096169412&#

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
hotbeam, no transformer. The wiring looks just like regular holiday bulbs. No electronics visible other than the led's themselves

Those are one kind, they make them in several shapes, including longer ones that look more like regular bulbs, those look more like the LED's that they are...

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
dehnehsu, the 70 LED version as per my link is now also $11.99 but it says it is out of stock.

james s, no transformer? so running off 110VAC?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, no transformer, looks like a standard pair of xmas lights. The only give away is the lights were wound up in a large bail than having each bulb in a special cardboard cut out for them to be displayed on when you slip it out of the box.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
just checked the local flyer on the website for my area and it's 20% off. Must be selling better in your area Photon an so they didn't feel like discounting as much there :)

Hotbeam, yup 120v give or take, so probably strands of 30 all in series. That makes sense then to have a 60 bulb strand. But you can run them up as far as 160vDC without any immediate failure :D probably not enough thermal mass to handle that for long without overheating. That puts a little over 5v into each one though! Better get that dimmer figured out...

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there is no transformer, these Xmas lights would be no use here. At 240-260VAC, it will surely kill them. :(

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
hotbeam said:
If there is no transformer, these Xmas lights would be no use here. At 240-260VAC, it will surely kill them. :(

Easy fix - buy two sets, chop off the plugs and wire the two sets together in series with one plug. Then you'll have a 120-light set.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The_LED_Museum said:
Thank you very much PW!!! :) :D :thumbsup: :D :)

I stopped by Target tonight and I discovered that the sale price IS 20% off! The flyer apparently had a misprint.

Craig, which style of blue ones do you want? They had the "stick" shape and the "flame" shape, but not the "nekkid LEDs" style.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll leave the choise in your hands, but I'd probably choose the "stick" shape if I were buying Christmas lights for myself.
If the "flame" type look a lot like C7 1/2 Christmas bulbs, I've got *PLENTY* of those.