• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Mag11/74 (2D w/Kiu, MOP, cell holder...)

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Up for sale is a Mag 2D that I recently modded. It is in brand new condition. It works very well on 6 AA NiMH cells with a WA1111 or WA1274. I will be including (2) 1274's and (1) 1111 (installed). Here are the specifics:

body: black Mag 2D (brand new)
socket: Kui bi-pin kit
reflector: aluminum camless MOP
lens: Borofloat
cell holder: modamag 6AA-2D

The light was meticulous built by me. Silver solder was used throughout. The seals have been blessed with a fresh coat of NyoGel. It's ready to go...just add some good cells and you're set. I tested it with Energizer 2500's, 2300's, and CBP 1650's. All worked very well.

Price is $88 shipped to the CONUS. Cash PayPal please. First's I'll take it gets priority. Click on thumbs below for larger images:

Sorry for the poor pics. I'm rushing to get out the door for a few. =)

- Chris

Last edited:

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: modded Mag 2D (w/Kiu, MOP, cell holder...)

Thats a real good deal. Somebody should snatch that quick.

CLHC

Flashaholic

I keep coming back here to check it out again and again. . .Hmmm. . .Just curious as to why you're selling this? Do you know roughly how bright this configuration is since I'm in the dark with regards to this particular modification.

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk

I don't have a light meter so I don't know exactly how bright it is. The bulb/cells used will determine the overall brightness. The 1274 bulb is rated at 553 bulb lumens @ 7.2V. The 1111 is rated at 465 bulb lumens @ 6.0V. So, the 1111 is brighter when used with 6 cells (7.2V) as it's overdriven. I think the rating is something like ~800 bulb lumens @ 7.2V. If you do a search, you will find several examples of both these bulbs on 5-7 cells. In comparison, this crushes my C3 with LOLA -- particularly in throw.

I'm selling it to fund other things. I built two of them. I only need one. :)

- Chris

CLHC

Flashaholic

Fair enough G00W. Private Message sent. . .

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk

Morning :bump:

- Chris

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk

Sold pending payment...

- Chris

CLHC

Flashaholic

Hello there Chris Sir!

Just received the Modded Mag @ 3:52PM PST. Loaded the batteries already and YUP! This thing is BRIGHT in it's 2D size. I'm already liking it!

Is that reflector a bit newer? Looks way different than the ones I have, since it has a smaller opening. . .

Nevertheless I have to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This is WAY TOO COOL! ! !

CLHC

Flashaholic
Thanks Cratz2! I believe so. It's getting dark here and there's rain. Perfect for "shooting" up the light from this thing tonight!

Since Chris said that he built this himself, I say it's a great build! He really took care in doing this one!

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Glad to hear you received it well. Enjoy. :) Don't throw away the extra bulbs by accident. :)

- Chris

CLHC

Flashaholic
Gimpy00Wang said:
Don't throw away the extra bulbs by accident. :)

- Chris

No Way! I saw that taped on there pretty good. It's all in excellent condition. I'm really really liking this light!

Again—Thank You Chris!