Opinions please...

Radio

Modulated Moderator
let me see, the Neo T-3 has no AR coated optic, runs on 123 VS AA for appox half the run time and twice the price, looks like the Fenix wins not even to mention the R bining of the led

Niteowl

Enlightened
Fenix L1P hands down. Especially when you throw in the two stage mod. The AA factor is great, I use a litho mainly for keeping the weight down.

The Neo T-3 is pretty sexy IMO, kind of like my JIL-Lite 1.3w on steroids, but I won't be getting one any time soon. Too expensive for me when I have a couple others that do the same or better job. I do like the size for a 123. I really "want" one, don't "need" one. Hmmm..... :help:.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a toughy. I haven't yet heard of anybody that has one. We all know the Fenix L1P is a great light, but this one is still mostly unknown. They look pretty nice. Actually, the more I see it, the nicer it is starting to look. Until several people buy and review them, I don't think you'll get a fair answer.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanna know... how bright is it? Looks REALLY PRETTY!

-David

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Niteowl said:
I really "want" one, don't "need" one. Hmmm..... :help:.

That sentiment pretty much sums it up for me. This light looks like it is really well made and while I have absolutely no need for one, I'd love to get one. Having sold off almost all of my CR123 based lights, I still have a decent repository of these batteries collecting dust- but it's still not an excuse ;).

I do look forward to the reviews, since this is one of the smallest CR123 based lights out there and is actually cheaper than the current size-class alternatives (Peak Carribean, Firefly). Still, I couldn't call any $80 light cheap exactly.

The Fenix has really put a hold on my expensive light purchases simply because it is so good at such a reasonable price. It makes me feel like I shouldn't shell out a lot of cash for a light now, when something both better AND cheaper will shortly come down the line.

LEDSABER

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys. I really like that Amilite T3 and I have a lot of CR123 batteries, but people here are raving about the Fenix that I might just buy one. I think the Amilite will be brighter and is smaller (shorter). I which there was a review of both at flashlight reviews so I can compare. Anybody here with the Amilite T3 and the Fenix L1P? We need a mini review.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I am really liking this light. Someone who is "finantialy succesful" aught to pick this little guy up, and enlighten us with information on it.

-David

onthebeam

Enlightened
If the good folks who make this light would agree, I'd be happy to beta test and return the light to them. Since I have many of it's competitors, see below, it would be good to do a direct comparison. I have high hopes for it, too.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
have you E-mailed them yet? I am really curiouse, and please let me know what they said.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, we need to see its Lux ratings. I just want to see if it throws better than L1P. What do you guys base your decisions on? A lot of you guys say L1p, but you dont own the T3...hmmm.

-David

Last edited:

LEDSABER

Newly Enlightened
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this the T3...I'm just waiting for the Fenix L1P review from Flashlight reviews. If the Fenix gets a good review then it
might just be good enough as an EDC for me. I'm just wondering how bright the T3 is considering it is a LUX 3...as bright as an Inova T3 perhaps...now that would be cool. If the Amilite T3 is substantially brighter than Fenix, then I will get the T3.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDSABER said:
I'm just wondering how bright the T3 is considering it is a LUX 3...as bright as an Inova T3 perhaps...now that would be cool. If the Amilite T3 is substantially brighter than Fenix, then I will get the T3.

I doubt the part about the Inova T3.... but i wish it were true. If it is any brighter than the Fenix, then I might consider whipping out some cash for it. It looks incredibly nice.

Edit: Quickbeam said that he has been contacted by the seller and they are shipping it to him right away... cant wait!

-David

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well LEDSABER, did you buy the Fenix yet ;). Quickbeam gave it a well deserved 5 stars. As much as I self-servingly want you to buy the Amilite and review it for our sakes, I expect you'd be very happy with the Fenix as EDC (its been mine for over 2 months). At half the price of the T3, its a no-brainer.

Or you could just by them both :D.

LEDSABER

Newly Enlightened
Solstice, I have been going back and forth between the two lights. I know
the Fenix is a great light for the money but I really prefer a cr123 powered light. This is the only reason I have not purchased the Fenix yet. But at the same time all single cell 123s are expensive (the good ones anyway). I have a T1 and I'm not very happy with the output/size ratio although the build quality is superb. My favorite light right now is my Inova T3. I want roughly the same output but small enough to put in my pocket. That's where the Neo T3 comes in, it is a LIII like the Inova T3 cr123 powered, regulated and freakin small. I was going to buy it already when I almost sold my T1. Unfortunately I dropped the damn light when I was packing it and the buyer backed out (I would have too). Anyway I just wish there was more info from users on this light so it would be easier to spend $80.00+ on a flashlight. By the way the only thing I did not like about the Fenix review is that it is not regulated and so does not put out constant output. The torture goes on...
Should I just buy the T3 as a service to the community...:lolsign:

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you seen jtice's graph of the Fenix on energizer L91 Lithium AAs? These batteries smack some regulation into the lights, while shaving weight and uping cold weather performance. While not as cheap as CR123s online, you can get them in bulk at wherehouse type stores for about $1.60 each and the runtime is longer than on CR123s.

Just so you know, I also have a T1 and find that the Fenix is actually a bit brighter and ALOT smaller. Build quality is comprable.

As far as the Amilite goes, it sure is small and from the picts it looks like top of the line machining and finish. I guess the big question is the output. Just understand that if you compare the output of any single primary cell driven light designed to be compact (Amilite T3) to a 2 cell light with a large optic (Inova T3) you are sure to be disappointed, especially considering the claimed runtimes of these two lights are only a half an hour apart.

The only very compact light I know of that can put the scare in the T3 is the HDS line- even the 42 lumen model is about as bright and the 60/85 models are of course brighter. However, these lights can only maintain this level of brightness for 20-30 minutes.

Also note that the compact size of the Amilite with a reflector creates a beam in which much of the light output is going into the spill. The T3 will still throw more light in the center of its beam.

Let me put it this way- even without knowing much about it, the Amilite is likely to be both smaller and brighter than the Fenix, and uses the batteries you like. If these factors are what is most important, go ahead an spring for the Amilite and tell us about it ;). That said, the gains over the Fenix are unlikely to be exeedingly dramatic, the Fenix has a good track record, and its half the price.

Neither light is comprable to the Inova T3, so I wouldn't go into this with that expectation- If you need the absolute brightest either spring for an HDS now or wait for the next gen of LED.

Hope you enjoy whatever you decide to go with.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
did you not see my post above... flashlightreviews is getting the T3... WAIT FOR THE REVIEW!

-David