LED-Lenser David 15 Stainless Steel Luxeon 1.25 Watt LED Flashlight - 1x AA Battery

G-force

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

:help:

I'm looking to expand my rather meager flashlight collection. Specifically, I want something for in-pocket EDC, using 1 alkaline AA battery, approx. 4" long plus or minus, approx. .75" diameter or less, LED, brightness more important than run time, clickie tail cap switch, and costs less than $50. From reading some of the threads here, I had it down to the Fenix L1P or waiting for the LRI Proton to come out. Then some Googling led me to to this:

LED-Lenser David 15 Stainless Steel Luxeon 1.25 Watt LED Flashlight - 1x AA Battery

463_0.jpg

It is for sale at flash-lights.com at this link for $44.95:
http://www.flash-lights.com/product_info.php/info/p11428_LED-Lenser-David-15-Stainless-Steel-Luxeon-Tactical-LED-light.html/

This is the description from that website:
Not longer than a finger, the David® 15 makes the old fashioned large size flashlights look obsolete. The new 1.25 Watt Luxeon LED chip pumps no less than 42 lumens through a magnifying, colimated lens with white, digital light over a highly effective range. The DC/DC HighTech transducer uses a nanosecond clock timed LED circuit to provide the ultimate intensity with lengthened run time. This Light Intensity corresponds to about 16 standard LEDs and uses the latest optoelectronic technologies. The diode life span of 50,000 operation hours is in addition practically inexhaustible. Similar to the light strength of a headlight and operates on just ONE, economical and easy to find AA Size Battery. Sensational technology! By the use of our own Transformer Chip Technology it is possible that this small force package uses only one single AA cell for many hours of high intensity light .
  • Manufactured from the finest Stainless Steel
  • Gold plated contacts
  • Brighter than traditional large flashlights, suited for special forces use
  • Includes high-quality sheath & 1 'AA' Alkaline battery
  • Ergonomic, handfriendly Design
  • Easy operational switch at the tail cap
  • Water Resistant
Battery 7720 Standard AA Size 1.5 V
Run Time of approx. 12 hours
Dimensions 105mm length / 15 mm diameter
Weight with battery approx. 90 grams

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The price and advertised specs seem similar to the Fenix L1P, except that this one has a supposed 12 hour run time. It also just looks pretty neat. There is also an aluminum version with a better gripping surface for $39.95 at a different website (www.quality-items-flashlights.com) (that website sells both stainless and aluminum versions). Those are the only 2 U.S. websites I could find that carry it. There are a lot of German sites and some in the U.K. that carry it as well. Anyway, has anyone heard of this light and know whether or not it would be a better option than the Fenix L1P (or waiting for the LRI Proton)? Also, has anyone dealt with either of these dealers/websites before? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
:thanks:

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Re: LED-Lenser David 15 Stainless Steel Luxeon 1.25 Watt LED Flashlight - 1x AA Battery

I have never seen one of the LedLenser lights in person however they make some good looking lights. The only difference most likely will be the beam profile.
The one in the photo above uses an optic while the Fenix has a rather well done reflector. I have grown to really like the reflector and it seems optics are fast becoming second choice to a well made reflector.
Personally I would go with the Fenix as it has proven to be a consistent performer in a very short time here. Look into the Peak lights also as they also have some very well done lights.
As far as the Proton goes we have all been waiting for this light so I would go ahead and get the Fenix. There will most likely be many mods available soon for the Fenix simply as it is so popular now.
Good luck and welcome to CPF....

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Re: LED-Lenser David 15 Stainless Steel Luxeon 1.25 Watt LED Flashlight - 1x AA Battery

LED Lenser lights have a good reputation for being solidly built. They have a bad reputation for poor/no environmental resistance, overdrive of the LED(s), shoddy regulation - if any!

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

I haven't heard of anyone actually buying and reporting on this light yet, but I look forward to hearing some first hand reports. Hopefully this light will have better resistance than most of their other lights.

Hopefully someone with more discretionary cash than I have will buy this light soon and report on it.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Based on the reputation of LedLenser we are waiting that another guy will test it out first :D :D
I have bought so many of their lights and I am just tired of spending $$ with the sole interest of warning others not to buy ... :green:
bernie

P.S.: but I have to admit that this one sounds cool, especially if the should have made it watertight and well regulated ...

Robban

Enlightened

Well it looks nice but that description... oh my, could they have used more buzzwords? THings like that annoys the poop out of me.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Robban ... tehy can do much better :D :D ... if you are fluent in German you might visit their website for a quick laugh ...
bernie

Robban

Enlightened

I'm afraid I'm only fluent in Swedish and English so I'll have to skip that experience. I'll take your word for it though :p

I dunno, it's just something about overzealous product descriptions that screams "stay clear!" to me. But who knows, it could be a good one. I'm a a bit sceptical to the use of a collimator in a light of this size though. Keychain lights tend to be more useful as floods as they aren't usually bright enough to throw any useful amount of light anyways.

lamperich

Enlightened

Kiessling said:
Robban ... tehy can do much better :D :D ... if you are fluent in German you might visit their website for a quick laugh ...
bernie

quick laugh
hahaha.gif
year that´s the correct description

@ robban

there is also the englisch page.
http://www.zweibrueder.com/english/

best thing are the advertised runtimes
crackup.gif

Last edited: