Free Mini-Maglites

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good deal, thanks OP! (I'm still not sure what OP means, but that's what they always write in the free stuff forum on fatwallet)

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I filled out a similiar survey two years ago that was offering this cool little pocket knife "for free upon completion of our survey."

Seven hundred plus days later, and I still haven't received my "free knife." :ohgeez:

dougmccoy

Enlightened
If you guys are hesitant about getting a Free MM then I've probably not got any chance as I'm in th UK! LOL!
Still it's 50/50 as far as I'm concerned!
Doug

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
the main problem with these "freebie" surveys is they're primarilly a spammer's dream come true, fill out one of these surveys and expect to see your amount of spam jump stratospherically....

not worth it IMHO, i get enough spam as it is.....

if you're going to do it, use a dummy address, or deliberately misspell your name or something, so you can track the source of the spam.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Yeah, I thought about the spam and junk mail I'd be getting. Not worth it.
"There's no such thing as a free lunch."

Malpaso

Enlightened
Took the survey as much for the fact that prostate is a serious issue.

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
Well, I like mag lites, so I took the survey, I have an Email address that is pretty much SPAM only, so I put in that one. Thunderbird does a pretty good job with the Junk mail folder. The spam in the regular mail isnt as frequent as it costs the advertisers real money, but it makes me feel important as I throw them all into the garbage. :laughing:

I wonder if its an AA or an AAA?

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I filled my survey out in November. Not a sausage heard since then! luckily I've not had any spam either.

This is pretty much what I anticipated. Many of these firms offer a non-existant carrot so they can get feedback from folks who wouldn't fill the forms out without an inducement. They get away with it by having a very small amount of a product to give away to ensure that if the authorities are brought in they can legitimately say they did give something away for free. The ones who don't get anything are told to check the small print on the offer which says "until supplies run out!"

Really we are mugs for ever having taken part in the survey but we still keep our fingers crossed don't we?

Doug

bikeg

Newly Enlightened
And I qoute "a catheter" :eeksign:

The things we do for lights, we will see if mine ever meanders this way.

But prostate stuff is important.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I took a survey for a free solitaire maglite once and never received anything. But since I'm a sucker and need another mini maglite... well no since you guys didn't get yours...

Notice it says "may be eligible to receive it".

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took 3 survey when this post went up, and sent them to my apt, my parents house, and the apt I work in. Nothing yet.

Latest posts