Fenix L2P, wow (Maybe the first contact of this light?)

xiaoyao

Newly Enlightened
I paid a visit to one of my friends today. You guess what I saw? The fresh sample of Fenix L2P!~:wow: (My friend is a local distributor). Wow, L2P is really well made, pretty light. I took out my Fenix L1p for comparison, so surprised to see that they are very similar to each other in look. The screw threads are even the same. I thought all the parts can be exchanged. But my friend warned me not to use head of L1P in L2P, or it will be damaged.
minifenixl2.jpg

Fenix L2p is really compact, terribly cute!
Then I began to test the brightness.
fenixl2pl1p1.jpg

fenixl2pl1p2.jpg

Both L1P and L2P use NI-MH batteries, obviously, L2P is really brighter than L1P. I was wondering the reason since both of them are introduced in the same brightness. But why L2P is brighter than L1P? I read the instruction more carefully and found their difference: L1P was just been said about the max brightness (It seems not so easy to achieve by using the 1.2 V NI-MH battery) but L2P was constant brightness. So L2P is certainly brighter than L1P.
Other beamshots
fenixl2q31.jpg

fenixl2q32.jpg

fenixl2sfe1l1.jpg

fenixl2sfe1l2.jpg

l2psljrmod1.jpg

l2psljrmod2.jpg

Both E1L and Q3 use 3v CR123A batteries。
My friend said that it's a only sample and didn't let me keep it home, so I had no time to test more about it. Everything will be ok after I purchase one then:bumpit:

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!! lucky!!! It's smaller than a Minimag!!! I knew this would be brighter with 3.0v input to work with. (or in NiMH case, 2.4v). Look at it stomp the other lights that are LuxeonIII!!! :rock:

I don't need another light in this form factor, but man that's a beauty and a performer!!!!! soooo tempting!!!

Last edited:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks kinda nice, but the L1P is still nicer. Guess I'll skip the L2P, would rather go for another L1P. Unless its a modded L2P .... hmmm..... xiaoyao, thanks for the 'preview' info!

xiaoyao

Newly Enlightened
My Surefire E1L's hotspot is not obviously brighter than my Q3, maybe I lost in lottery:awman: . I estimate that This Fenix L2P's lux at beam center is 800~900.

onthebeam

Enlightened
Thanks for this great post. I was sure I didn't need a L2P. But that's what I once said about the L1P. It's now indispensable, of course.

Bring it on!!

jtice

Flashaholic
Thanks alot for that sneak peek !!!

Yea, looks like I am going to have to get one also, :ohgeez:

I just hope the regulation is flatter, it should be though.

The L2P head on the L1P bod with 14500 is a niiiiiiiice idea. :D

~John

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
It would be great if Fenix distributors offered heads for individual sale, so users interested in the 14500 mod wouldn't have to purchase an entire L2.

Now all it needs is a catchy name, like the TW4. Maybe "Fenix L2/1"? (L2 head, L1 body)

Hmm... the heads aren't marked. You'd have to be very careful not to mix up the L1 and L2 heads.

xiaoyao

Newly Enlightened
I think it can not use 3.7V 14500, as many lux 1 light which use one CR123A ...
The current draw on NI-MHs is about 600mA. I have no chance for more test:shrug:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'll get one for sure!

Any word if they'll do a run of L2+ lights in stainless steel?

That would be righteous!
buttrock.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
xiaoyao: ya, your SF I would have thought to be the brighest.

Stainless: price I think I saw on their website was $46.XX retail. So right about the same price as the L1P. I guess because while the lights bigger, the extra aluminum isn't that much of a difference in cost, plus they don't have to have such a special boost circuit and Low VF luxeon... (ie harder to make L1P perform than L2P)...