a19 extender

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Hi,
I was wondering if surefire ever made the a19 to fit the m2, and in ha nat, or does anybody make one?
Thanks,
marc

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Some extenders were refinished in HA green as part of a 'group buy' some time ago, I believe, but Surefire has never offered green HA as an option on these items. Lurk on B/S/T or do a search there, you may find one, but I think the folk who do have them will be keeping them.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A19 WILL fit the M2.

The tailcap section on the M2/M3, 6P/9P, C2/C3, Z2/Z3, M4, are all the same threads and the A19 will fit them all.

(This is of course with the obligatory caution to NOT run 3 cells on a 2 cell bulb, or 4 cells on a 3 cell bulb, 5 cells on a 4-cell bulb etc.)

Last edited:

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I believe it would fit, and I'm sure there are CPF user on here who have tried it (Size15s will almost certainly have one). In my experience, any of the P,C or M series lights (except the M6) will accept any tailcap, as the threads are the same, and the A19 just fits in place of the tailcap, which then fits on the other end of the A19 (it's just a tube, threaded at both ends, one male, the other female).

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I thought it would fit too, hopefully someone will let me have theirs!
Thanks,
marc

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpmaster said:
:crackup:

I'm not sure it's been made clear how rare these are...

Good luck though!

JM-99

It's rare in HAIII, but not in plain black. It's a standard part, available direct from SF or any of the distributors.

The A19 samples I've seen in HAIII (keep an eye on B/S/T) are usually the result of someone tracking down an anodizing shop and having them custom finish it. Be aware that the finish shade/color will not always match the Surefire body you're matching it up with.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I just want it to match better than a black one would!! Lighthound dont seem to have any black ones left though, better keep looking.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
The A19 will fit a Pelican PM-6! Here is a picture of my PM-6 with TWO A19's! The PM-6 was modified to use a Down Boy 400 sandwich and produced runtimes of:

6v...4h 33m
9v...7h 52m
12v..10h 58m

pm6-mod.jpg

FYI, here's the runtime plots for this beast!

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28654

Last edited:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy wrote:
"The A19 will fit a Pelican PM-6!"

WHY hasn't someone pointed this out before??

But then, it follows that it would fit, for so do Surefire's C-series tailcaps.

Can the M6 bulb unscrew from the reflector? If so, does anyone know of a 9V or 12V bulb that will fit this reflector?

17500/17670 cells, M6 reflector, and incandescent light together at last?

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
sween1911 said:
It's rare in HAIII, but not in plain black. It's a standard part, available direct from SF or any of the distributors.

Yeah...but he wanted one in HAIII...and that's why I said they were pretty rare...

The A19 samples I've seen in HAIII (keep an eye on B/S/T) are usually the result of someone tracking down an anodizing shop and having them custom finish it.

My A14 came directly from SF in HAIII...but I was just very, very fortunate. I think there were quite few produced in HAIII by SF...anyone have a pic of a SF HAIII A19?

JM-99

Last edited:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
marcdilnutt said:
I just want it to match better than a black one would!! Lighthound dont seem to have any black ones left though, better keep looking.

Here is a good source for SF parts: LPS
Usually a little discount too.

Always been frustrated at not being able to get an A19 in HAIII. Just one of those decisions SF makes and won't budge.

Mark

George1

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the A19 will fit the M series lights. I use one on a M3T and it works well. If you use a black A19 it might serve as a reminder to check to make sure that you have changed the LA.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great...now does anyone have any pics of a Surefire-produced A19 that came from Surefire in HAIII? Without having been refinished?

JM-99

Last edited: