SL JR. Problems Again

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SL Jr started up on me again. Was originally starting to have problems with the light sometimes not turning on when clicked. Had previously posted about it and some said there was a problem with power once the batteries get below a certian voltage.
So I tried various new batteries I had at home and it didn't help.
So I shelved it for awhile. Then one day I took it down and looked it over again and noticed some residue on the threads where the clickie screws in. It was a dark color and reminded me of residue you get when cutting rigid pipe. I cleaned off the inner threads and the clickie's threads with a toothbrush and viola! I started working again fine. So back into use/rotation.
But it started up again last night. Found more residue. So sent a email to SL's CS to see about getting it fixed or replaced.
Kinda hate to get it replaced as I got this light from a GB when they first came out and , though I don't remember exact rating, we all checked our luxs for bin and I had gotten one of the better ones. Won the Luxeon lottery as I was told.
So now I am also thinking of replacing the Jr with another light and will probably start another thread about suggestions.
Anyone else have similar ordeal? Any words of advice for dealing with CS?

pest3125

Newly Enlightened
Wasn't there a review that said the earlier models had a problem with the tailcap? Maybe Streamlight can just send you a replacement tailcap for your light.

I bought a newer model Streamlight Jr Luxeon about 8 months or so ago. I use it once every day while taking the dog out in my backyard. 'Have not had any problems.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I explained the problem in my email to them so if the case is as you stated, hopefully they can just mail me the cap. We'll see what happens.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case anyone is interested,

Emailed SL and got a reply 2-3 days later. Said to take it to a authorized service center or send it to them. SO I sent it to them following their instructions, including copy of original email with their reply and a short note explaining the problem, along with return address, phone #, and email addie (hope my number doesn't get turned over to solicitors!).

will be comig up on 3 weeks in a few days, not that I was expecting expediency. will update when I hears something.

DaveG

Enlightened
I had the same trouble with my SL JR , mailed it to SL customer service about three weeks later, they sent me a new one. Made me happy it was the newer model.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a somewhat different problem with my Streamlight Jr. yesterday. It was stolen right off the front seat of my car-when I left my garage door open for an extra 15 minutes! :mad:

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well UPS was just at the door. Thought it was some WA bulbs I've been waiting on.

Surprise, it was from SL, a brand new in the blister pack SL Jr. Of course I had to try it out so into the garage and close the door. No noticeable change, has that "new" feel. Spot/beam seems alright, nothing different.
Then I tried to check the bin on the Lux, another surprise, can't get the assembly out. looks like the aluminum retaining ring was screwed in and tightened down by machine. It is pressed down and some of the metal is "squished down" to where you cannot loosen it without the use of tools. Is this another point of the new models? I figured I best not mess with it.
Am satisfied with the service, no real complaints although I would like to know the bin number.
Now for the next question, how to get the pocket clip off without scratching up the body of the light. Last time I gouged it up pretty good doing this. Hmm, think I'll post a new thread.