After Thanksgiving Day Sales

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
How many of you out there get dragged to the after-Thanksgiving Day sales? Personally, I try to avoid the madness, but my wife has other ideas this year. She sent me the following link to help map out what retailers are offering for this coming Friday...

http://www.bfads.net/index.html

I'd rather be in bed at 5 AM in the morning, but there are a few things that I may be interested in.

Anyway, hope you all have a very Happy & Safe Thanksgiving Day holiday.

And to all our troops out there...Thank You for your Service and Sacrifice. Because of your Courage and Dedication, the thing I'm fearing most this holiday is getting overrun by shoppers.

Thanks again and God Bless you all!!

greenLED

Flashaholic
For the longest time I refused to do it. Then I did it "to keep 'er company". Then because we had a baby and she couldn't go (so I did the shopping for her -and ended up with a couple extra minimags and a digital multimeter). This year I'm actually looking forward to it; who knows what tools will be on sale? :D

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
Now that I think back...this will be the first time I actually do the after-Thanksgiving sale thing. That is waking up in an un-natural time and...*ahem* shopping...I can't believe I just said that :)

Any pointers for me, the new guy, to survive this? And how do I keep my sanity? I'll also have a 4-year old in tow so any advice would be appreciated.

greenLED

Flashaholic
have a plan:

- make a list of what you're getting
- determine what items you want the most and which ones are likely to go first (computer software, memory, etc.)
- map out the locations to minimize driving time
- bring toys and goodies for your sleepy/hungry kid (or buy him toys ;))

...can't believe myself, giving after-Thanksgiving-Day shopping advise... :shakehead:

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting up that early bites just to get a limited quantity item. I'll go shopping anytime, and like to save if I can. If it's convenient, why not? Part of the problem is your proximity to store with good bargains. You'll regret not hopping down to bestbye or wherever and picking up some new toys. I'm ready to get some new stuff.

Kind of ruins thanksgiving night when people are planning their adventures and looking at catalogues instead of visiting with relatives.

Latest posts