Small EDC with 100-foot throw?

Pierce the Night

Newly Enlightened
When the guard-dog gives his single, warning 'woof' and I go to the back door to see what's eating him (or vice versa!) I could do with a small, easily-pocketable flashlight to punch a spot of light to the end of the yard. Don't need any 'flood' capability: an Arc LS (with a single CR123 lithium cell) handles that. Any recommendations, please? I'd prefer it to take a single AA (though that's not critical). Price not an issue; I just want something that does its job: like the dog. Thank you.

Pierce.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned a few Arc LS's, and I never owned one that throws as well as the Fenix L1P version 2.5 premium, that is currently the rage. About $ 45. Uses ONE AA, quite fantastic output for the single non-lithium battery (although it will take an AA Lithium).

It has a beam not unlike the Streamlight 4AA Propolymer Luxeon, but not as bright.

You could argue about the 100 foot "throw", as to what is adequate there, but the Fenix is a very nice light with a very tight hot spot, and good spill.

I don't know any other light in this league.(single AA)

The Peak 1/AA one watt might do. Have a couple of the Peak lights, and they are first quality, though pricy.