Oklahoma full auto machine gun shoot!

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool Video.

You should also listen to it through Altec Lansing speakers. I played this plus the Firestorm paintball video at the same time with the volume up all the way and it sounded like a battle had started in my room.

Ok, I have to keep it quiet now as it is past 10pm. My neighbors are complaining about the noise :naughty:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I can only imagine how many thousands and thousands of dollars of ammunition is consumed at those events... feeding M1919s, M60s, and especially M2s can't be cheap.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, Knob Creek is supposed to be the cat's... meow...
icon10.gif

I can't watch the video as I'm on a dialup system at the moment but I assume a gas tank of some sort is involved? Never done that, but I've shot a short barrel (10.5"?) Thompson and an M16 and both were cool, but went through ammo WAY too quick. I think the way to go would be something that shot 9mm like an MP5 but I think the cheapest I've ever seen a full auto MP5 was like $8,500.

And $8,500 will buy an awful lot of nice 1911s and CZs and bolt action rifles and pump shotguns.

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
cratz2 said:
Never done that, but I've shot a short barrel (10.5"?) Thompson and an M16 and both were cool, but went through ammo WAY too quick. I think the way to go would be something that shot 9mm like an MP5 but I think the cheapest I've ever seen a full auto MP5 was like $8,500.

If you're looking for something that fires slower,check out an Uzi.My MP-5 runs at about 850 cyclic-the same as my M16a1.But the MP-5 outshoots the Thompson and the Uzi in my experience.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy crap... Does that kid have a class 3 license? Oklahoma must be fun...

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags said:
Holy crap... Does that kid have a class 3 license? Oklahoma must be fun...

You don't need a class 3 to shoot a full-auto weapon...

Now owning one...:D (And actually then I think if they're allowed in your state, you just need approval from your local head LEO and pay the transfer tax...I was under the impression that Class III was for dealers that sell such weapons...not for people just owning them...)

JM-99

I want an MP5, but I'd settle for a nice IMI Uzi...or a Sten...:)

idleprocess

Flashaholic
There are a number of gun ranges that rent full-auto weapons.

I read an article about a gun range in CA near one of the major airports that did a fair trade with east-Asian business travelers shooting everything from .44 Magnums (Dirty Harry) to full-auto guns - usually for the first time. 'Seems that half of them really like it, and it scares the tar out of the other half...

Tom_Dunn

Newly Enlightened
"Isn't .50 BMG around a buck a round now?"

Well above that I believe, it varies with quanity and manufacturer, but generally them full auto boys buy the good stuff. Heck ammo for my .444 der rifle is above a $1.00 a shot.
The real kings of the ammo consumption are the guys who own mini-guns, the so called "Gatling gun" made famous by the "Puff the Magic Dragon" gunships of the early Viet Nam war. Them little beauties eat 4000 rounds of .308(7.62x51 Nato) per minute!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I've had the pleasure of discharging an M60, M2, M14, BAR, Lanchester, and Sten. I ran many 50rd Lanchester mags through the Sten before I cut it back into pieces and discarded them. :devil: The M14 was an uncontrollable POS full auto, but the armorer was a drinking buddy and I got an unauthorized selector. I'll never forget the first time I touched it off! :green: I've fondled a Thompson a Lieutenant had in Vietnam. As I recall, it was a heavy sucker! MG's are fun! (Gotta move to a free state one of these days!)

Larry

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom_Dunn said:
"Isn't .50 BMG around a buck a round now?"

Well above that I believe, it varies with quanity and manufacturer, but generally them full auto boys buy the good stuff. Heck ammo for my .444 der rifle is above a $1.00 a shot.
The real kings of the ammo consumption are the guys who own mini-guns, the so called "Gatling gun" made famous by the "Puff the Magic Dragon" gunships of the early Viet Nam war. Them little beauties eat 4000 rounds of .308(7.62x51 Nato) per minute!

My stepfather worked on the "Puff the Magic Dragon" project at LTV. He said they had a guy whose sole job was to clear brass with a snow shovel. That's a lot of brass. :wow:

-LT

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I saw a Puff fire many times in 'Nam. They're fed from conventional linked belts and every 5th round is a tracer. The 3 solid red lines from the sky were very wavey-looking from (thankefully) a distance. They claimed a Puff could put a bullet in every square foot of a football field in something like 3 seconds!

Larry

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is why we'll never be invaded! lmao

i want the 2 full auto hand gun that guy had!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I forget what the Air Force calls the current version of Puff, but its a C130 with a 20mm "gatling," a twin Bofors 40mm automatic cannon and a crew-served 105mm Howitzer! The original Puff turned the airframe to aim. With the current vers, the pilot turns his head and looks! The weapons' lead is computer-calculated based on altitude, airspeed, and I assume laser rangefinders. They are currently in service in Irac and Afganistan. :thumbsup: (They're also a big slow target.)

Larry