Looking for LED Strobe Light

FLHunter3006

Newly Enlightened
HI guys,
I am looking for some sort of LED strobe light, I think it will be great when I have to go in the woods at night.... I could hang it on a branch before I go in and It will be easy to find my way back since the LED will be really bright and flashing. I am now using "Cyalume light sticks" but figure and LED strobe would be much better.
Any ideas???

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a Glo-Toob FX. There are many posts and threads about them. In short, they are a small, indestructible marker light in a variety of colors and are just what you are looking for.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Have you tried looking into:

MPI Emergency Strobe that'll run for 40 hours at 70°F and weighs in at around 3 ounces with a size of roughly 4 x 1.5 inches.

Or how about the ACR Electronics Firefly Plus Strobe/Flashlight Combo that runs 10 hours on strobe and tips the scale at 5 ounces with dimensional size being 5.3 x 1.5 inches. This one is waterproof to 328 feet (100m).

The MPI runs on a single D size cell battery while the ACR runs on 2 AA batteries either alkylines or lithiums.

Both come in Hi-Viz safety colors with the MPI in red and the ACR in orange.

Well, hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about an EternaLight? It has a strobe mode that can be adjusted to a fast or slow rate. Truly a great all-around light, too.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are on the budget side, most bike flasher or jogger clip on lights have a stobe, flash, continous or some pattern mode.

jimmybrown2

Newly Enlightened
I always used a compass to find my way back out. Though I got a little turned around for a couple hours a few times, I never got lost. :grin2:

X33

Enlightened
Inova 24/7. Lots of different strobe modes and a lot of other uses.

FLHunter3006

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your help!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Emilio

Ps. Keep those ideas coming....more the better

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am with the Eternalight as well, it will strobe for a year or so, variable brightness and frequency, waterproof, and you can't break it.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eternalight and Inova 24/7 are both great lights and fine choices, BUT: The Glo-Toob is visible from all angles, while the other two lights are pretty much directional, around 180 degrees. Might not mean much to your application, or it might mean everything.