uk surefire supplier?

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
There must be one who is as well stocked as all the us ones, i just cant find it. Who do the uk blokes here use?
marc

markbUK

Newly Enlightened
Yep Lighthound gets my vote, and so does using B/S/T. I've also used batterystation, and LED replacements all have provided top service. but Lighthound is probably your choice for SF and your batteries!

There are UK dealers but the range is often limited and prices are stupid,

Happy hunting,

Mark

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Another vote for John ( lighthound ), I've bought loads off stuff off him going back a few years he's a truely excellent dealer, and I'm pretty sure he can supply whatever you want. In the UK you're looking at Stoppa or Heinnie . I'd avoid them at all costs they're "super-highway" robbers!!.

Last edited:

alauda

Enlightened
Jon at Lighthound is outstanding..as is oldgrandpajack on CPF. I agree with everyone else..prices in the UK are downright stupid.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Some of the prices are crazy but £28.95 or £27.97 for a G2 isn't bad is it? I mean, that's how I'd get a replacement P60 and two SF123A's...
BTW, www.Niton999.co.uk has the G2 at £27.99. I buy much of my 5.11 from Niton and the service is amazing.

markbUK

Newly Enlightened
It's not bad price unless you compare it to $31 at lighthound and some of Nitron's SF stock looks like old stuff, have a look at the E1 for £60 against the new one at lighthound for $69 (approx £40)

Just to add though I've always got good service from the UK dealers, it a price and stock issue for me.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Its just annoying whenyou phone someone for a specific part and they dont have it, so they contact the distributor and they havent heard of it. I cant see how the uk dealers can be so much worse informed than the us. I guess its the amount of stock they sell. I was told yesterday that it would be a 4 to 6 week wait for an a19 because there arent any in the country. How bad is that?!
marc

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I would choose Lighthound, or other ebay source, but if you contact Edgar Brothers, the UK importer, they may have a dealer near you.

I find Niton well stocked, but a bit expensive on some things (like £39 for a B90 battery that I can get from Edgar Brothers M&P for about £14). Niton do have a nice range of things you can't seem to find elsewhere in the UK, like cruisermates, and Gerber E-Z Rip cutters.

Lighthound. Cheaper, even with shipping to UK.

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
And don't bother trying to order from Surefire direct if you're using a non-US credit card, they don't want your money......

I ended up going with Lighthound too, and I bought Vital Gear parts instead (partly on principle, partly out of curiosity) which I am really pleased with. I cannot recommend John at Lighthound highly enough, a real pleasure to deal with.

HTH

Dave

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Oh, forgot to suggest you try 7dayshop for cr123's. Crap service but low prices. I also saw that some of the German suppliers are doing Battery Station 123's very cheaply as well.

flashgreenie

Enlightened
HI DaveHuck,
Do you have weblinks to those german suppliers????

Dave Huck said:
Oh, forgot to suggest you try 7dayshop for cr123's. Crap service but low prices. I also saw that some of the German suppliers are doing Battery Station 123's very cheaply as well.

InfidelCastro

Banned
According to the UK and other Euro Surefire sellers on Ebay.. "It's near impossible to get a Surefire or batteries in Europe."... LoL... sellers are ****heads worldwide..