EZ Surefire 6P to 18650 mod

Geologist

Enlightened
Interesting - I thought the drop-in needed at least 4.5V !

I used to use 2 R123s (~7.2-8.4v) with mine - also no issues.

cy

Flashaholic
EZ Surefire 6P to 18650 mod

simply (if you have a lathe :D) bore body out to 18.25mm and add a 3watt drop-in.

you get this...

Action

Enlightened
Care to offer up your lathe services to those in need? I've got some 9P's and A19 and a G&P X-12 that I might be interested in boring...

X33

Enlightened
Cool mod. I really like the 3Watt drop in module in my 6P. Nice semi flood beam.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Yes, and it not only does it work with the BOG 3W module, the 18650 cell also works with the BOG 5W module as well (although not quite as bright) :)

link...

Will

Geologist

Enlightened
did my other post in this thread somehow magically become the 1st post in this thread?

anybody know why?

too weird!

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geologist said:
did my other post in this thread somehow magically become the 1st post in this thread?

anybody know why?

too weird!
I'm guessing it's that the new forum software got confused by your European timestamp and thought that you posted first! No, that can't be: It's later in Germany than in the USA, so your message would have a later time stamp. Or is the date wrong in your computer's operating system?

Geologist

Enlightened
No nothing wrong with the time here - plus - it seems the forum software wouldn't use MY computers time/date stamp anyway. Also it seems today that the forums has been acting weird - that whole blocks of messages are posted an hour ahead of the current time so they stay on top of the "new posts" and my posts don't show unless you page down past these "time traveling posts" !

Again too weird

cy

Flashaholic
was wondering how your post got in front of my first post???

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF time was an hour advance for the past couple of weeks. It's now been adjusted to the correct time so that may have screwed up the posts based on the time stamps.

cy

Flashaholic
back on track...

must say Surefire 6P was one of easiest bodies to bore out. simply wrap masking tape several layers thick.

clamp in lathe and bore. no reason someone could not do this in a large drill press or large drill motor.

not that much power is required, but a large chuck to hold bit would be needed.

I'm using a 18.25mm milling machine bit, but a std drill bit same size would work fine. there's lots of stepped down bits available to fit more common 1/2 in chucks.

if using std drill bit by hand held drill. start with slightly smaller bit and work up to final size.

Action

Enlightened
Would you be willing to offer this service? I don't have either a drill press or lathe on hand...

cy

Flashaholic
sorry not offering boring at this time :green:

chemcote is gone, but not really necessary

cy

Flashaholic
just measured current from 18650 of 816 milliamps, which should give this 6P aprox. 3 hours runtime of bright light.

Latest posts