UK 2L Feedback

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Please let me know what you think of this light and its beam quality any pics would be a huge help. I am thinking of getting one of these because I wouldn't care as much if it got beat up and it appears to put out a lot of light in a durable package.

Tesla

Enlightened
I'm a fan of them. I have one (actually private-branded for Buck Knives back when they had them in their line-up) that never strays from my briefcase. If you want a dependable backup light that can lie dormant for 5 years & still work when you need it to & that will be pretty bright for it's size/weight, this light is your ticket. They will run about 3 hrs on 2 x 123 batteries. The only knock on these lights is the bulb focus being inconsistent. My present one is bright but DOES have a "black hole". Ya pays your money & ya takes your chances re beam quality.

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
I've got several of these guys. It's got a nice clip that you can clip the light on to about anything.

Fairly waterproof (for my needs, at least), relatively inexpensive. Beam quality is not the greatest, but I think it's a great light to keep in your glovebox or tacklebox. The lithium batteries make it great for an emergency kit.

The Brinkmann Legend LX is another good buy (about $20 at Wal-Mart). It's a little more "nicer" looking (stainless steel finish vs. the plastic).

I think the 2L is a nice little light.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
My addiction started with the Brinkmann Long Life I also have the PT Impact to compliment it very waterproof (500 ft) and same beam focus. I am looking to buy a light to hold me over until the E2e and th LS go on sale. I think maybe I will get the SF G2 AGR has them for $42 or maybe a E2 in GM for $49?

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
I think maybe I will get the SF G2 AGR has them for $42 or maybe a E2 in GM for $49?[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If I could have 1, it would be my E2 in GM. I like all my lights, but I'ld miss that on the most. TX

JoeyL

Enlightened
I agree with your comments.
I think the 2L is a good light to go into storage. My personal preference for a light to keep for backup is the Scorpion, maily because it has a spare lamp built into the head.

My favorite lights are the 6P and E2. They are just made well, look good and I can't see keeping them hidden away in an emergency kit (until I hit the lottery, anyway).

Gandalf

Enlightened
I've owned several of the Underwater Kinetics 2L lights for many years, going back to when they were marketed through Buck knifes. For the size, weight, and cost, there's no other light in it's class. It puts out about the same amount of light as a 3D Maglite, in a very small package. I've gone through several lamp/reflector assemblies, and I keep several on hand. Of all the lamps, only one had a poor beam, IMHO. Mine all have a nice spot light, with good reach, and a ring around it; the price for having a smooth reflector. But given the cost of these little lights, about $26 at brighhtguy.com, and the fact that the lamp/reflector costs about a 1/3 as much as a SureFire ($6.50) lamp, it's hard to beat this light for value. I've carried the same one in my front jeans pocket for around 8 or 9 years now, and although the name is practically worn off of the plastic body, the light still works great. I'd rank this light in a 'top ten list' of the best flashlights on the market today, for the reasons I've cited. No, it's not a SureFire, but it's half the cost, or less, with 3 to 4 times the battery life. It's light in weight, and extremely tough. All in all, an excellent light in a small, economical package.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoeyL:
I agree with your comments.
I think the 2L is a good light to go into storage. My personal preference for a light to keep for backup is the Scorpion, maily because it has a spare lamp built into the head.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Joeyl,
What is your primary light, for which the Scorpion is back up? Just curious.

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nealct:
I've got several of these guys. It's got a nice clip that you can clip the light on Fairly waterproof (for my needs, at least), more "nicer" looking (stainless steel finish vs. the plastic).

I think the 2L is a nice little light.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 2L is completely waterproof. It's a dive light

BN

Brock

Flashaholic
It's a dive light for sure, 12 years ago that was the light that started all this for me. I used the UKE 2L as a backup dive light, only to find it was as bright as my primary 4D light. I have taken the UKE 2L to over 140 feet and never had a problem.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
I decided to go with the E1 HA(after getting my Arc LE HA is the ONLY way to go) for now I plan on getting an E2e because I definitely want the extra features. I bought the E1 because I know SF has consitent good beam quality and I wanted something small also this is not a light that will see heavy abuse so it doesn't have to be waterproof just water resistant. I am also hopeful that in Jan. SF will come out with a 30Lu lamp for the E1. This will still be a very small illumination tool and be very bright with a decent run time. Also if I am not being to demanding a nice high output lamp for the E2e? as well as a low output for the E2e? Well we can hope.
One question all the pages I look at say the E1 is as bright as "most" 2D cell lights is this true?

Brock

Flashaholic
The E1 has a very tight beam. It is about as bright as the E2, but the beam is about 1/6 the size. It is just all in a little spot of light. So it is bright but almost to tight of a beam to be useful I would choose the E2 over it anyday. Then again my wife loves the E1 with the beamshaper and keeps it in her purse all the time.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:
I've owned several of the Underwater Kinetics 2L lights for many years, going back to when they were marketed through Buck knifes. For the size, weight, and cost, there's no other light in it's class. I'd rank this light in a 'top ten list' of the best flashlights on the market today, an excellent light in a small, economical package.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN to all of that. Too bad more flashaholics aren't aware of the 2L's virtues, though I suppose our emphasis on faceted reflectors is part of the reason. Certainly that would improve this light and make it almost perfect, but the 2L is simply too good to be ignored, just the way it is. I actually buy multiple lamp assemblies in order to find the good ones!

Best wishes for the coming year,
Brightnorm