Browning 9v bulb in 2C mag mod

Niteowl

Enlightened
This post died quietly in the Incandescent forum so I try again.

I finally picked up the Browning BRO3745 recommended by a CPF'er I'd like to thank, but can't remember who it was. Got mine at Gander Mountain $7.39 (last one, bummer).

I had gotten Light-Edge's MOP and found the hole was too small for a standard bulb. While considering a 1499/1057 bulb, I remembered the Browning suggestion. The bulb looks like a potted bi-pin. It's rated for 9v so it's not "killer" bright, but I expect longer runtime and a decent bulb life.

The performance is close to my SF 9P/KT. The KT's pattern is a bit better as expected. I'll have to try it with the stock reflector and see how it does throw wise.

I'd like to hear other's experience with this bulb concerning runtime and life.

I'm setting up 2C mods for my father-in-law and his wife and want a bulb that won't suck cells "too fast" and will last awhile. He does need good throw though, so I may have to compromise runtime.

WhiteHot

Enlightened
This is basically a TL-3 bulb that has been potted in a PR base if I recall correctly. Should be a nice, reliable, pretty bright light. I have been thinking about putting a TL-3 in a large mag head to see what happens .