How do you carry (EDC) your Fenix L1 or L1P ?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
My initial plan was to hook a split ring in the lanyard holes and wear it around my neck, then when the light came, I found it a little big to wear around the neck for an EDC. That could work for a hike or something.

The original pouch is nice and really snug, but I tend to prefer pouches that can be belted horizontally.

Found a nifty little pouch that is slightly bigger than the original one, but IMHO, is better suited for EDCing to office everyday. :D Feels tougher, can be worn vertically or horizontally. The horizontal loops are stretchable, but I'm not sure if they can accomodate an army sized belt. Love carrying the Fenix around!! (I know, I know, you guys have probably heard enough praises about the Fenix... :cool: )

Just some poor res pics, contrasted to show the details :-

fenixpouch1.jpg

fenixpouch4ii.jpg

How about you?

Last edited:

Super Dave

Newly Enlightened
I'm carrying mine in the holster that it came with. It's small and nobody notices it. It's larger than I want to carry in my pocket.

The holster blends right in with the pager and cell phone. Nobody has noticed it and I wear "Aloha Attire" which is as dressed up as we get in Hawaii.

Take care,
DF

AlanP

Newly Enlightened
LEDcandle:

Where'd you get the horizontal pouch from? It's exactly what I'm looking for.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlanP said:
LEDcandle:

Where'd you get the horizontal pouch from? It's exactly what I'm looking for.

I got it locally (Singapore) at a camping store. Are you in the States?

Besides being a light freak, I'm a little of a pouch freak too.. (but they're for carrying lights mostly, so still comes under the flashaholic umbrella)... heh...

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a problem carrying it in my front right pocket, along side my wallet. It seems to fit there invisibly. However, as I was investigating new methods of carrying it and an EDC knife, I started using the holster it came with- still in my pocket.

What I did was I took the flap of the pouch and instead of just vercroing it over top of the light as per usual, I inserted the light bezel up and wraped the flap AROUND the bezel, sealing it to the velcro. The neoprene is soft enough to be able to activate the switch through it, and the bezel is unobstructed. I then clipped the knife (a SOG Flash 1) to the flap- it rubs against the holster, not the light. I can flick it open without even taking it off.

Sorry I can't post picts of this setup, but it is the most compact and fast access method I have found so far to carry these items short of wearing a batman belt.

luigi

Enlightened

chrisse242

Enlightened
LEDcandle said:
My initial plan was to hook a split ring in the lanyard holes and wear it around my neck, then when the light came, I found it a little big to wear around the neck for an EDC. That could work for a hike or something.

The original pouch is nice and really snug, but I tend to prefer pouches that can be belted horizontally.

Found a nifty little pouch that is slightly bigger than the original one, but IMHO, is better suited for EDCing to office everyday. :D Feels tougher, can be worn vertically or horizontally. The horizontal loops are stretchable, but I'm not sure if they can accomodate an army sized belt. Love carrying the Fenix around!! (I know, I know, you guys have probably heard enough praises about the Fenix... :cool: )

How about you?

I have that same holster, made by tatonka, I didn't even know it was sold outside of germany. Anyway for my taste it's much to big for the fenix. I actually carry my longbow micra in it from time to time.
I once bought one for McCavazos because he couldn't find it in the states, I doubt it's available anywhere over there.

Chrisse

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry mine clipped to the side leg pocket on my carpenter pants. I used a clip from an old Streamlight 2AA light. In this pocket, the light is still accessible even when I'm wearing my lab coat at work or a parka or other long coat outside.

I don't like all the noise that velcro fasteners make when you open them. I'd prefer snaps.

Perfectionist

Enlightened
I carry mine in a knife pouch which I strap to my leg just above the ankle :D

Knife goes on my right leg and Torch goes on my left leg :)

mccavazos

Enlightened
chrisse242 said:
I once bought one for McCavazos because he couldn't find it in the states, I doubt it's available anywhere over there.

Chrisse

And I have used it everyday! Its a great holster. It's very comfortable to wear and it is the perfect size for my Micra with the clicky. I would say that it is a little too big for the fenix though. Thanks again chrisse242!

cy

Flashaholic
carry my stainless L1+ loose in my pocket.
L1+ unlike std fenix runs fine on 14500 li-ion. only draws 550 milliamps VS 2.7+ amps for L1-P for a few seconds only :green:

ya it's got a few tiny nicks, but so what.....

best compliment I can give to this light is to EDC it :D

l1+ keys.JPG

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Mine's going in a shoulder bag, no sheath. I think sewing a horizontal belt loop to the existing sheath would be pretty easy--no need to find another sheath just for the loop.

pizzaman

Enlightened
Remove clip from Gerber Infinity. Cut off "ears" with dremel tool (the clip ears, not my own, as that would look silly). Place modded clip on Fenix. Slide clip all the way to the switch end. Place in front left pocket, bezel down, slide Fenix all the way to the left of the pocket. Switch is even with top of pocket.

Stealth carry, bezel protected, ultimate comfort, always available and indexed for immediate use. I don't even notice it there (something I can't say when I try to drop a knife or flashlight in the bottom of a pocket and it works itself to the horizontal position).

The little Fenix never ceases to amaze me. I love my A2, but I am always aware of its presence in ANY pocket. I love my ARC AAA-P, but it is better suited as a back-up on a keychain.

The Fenix has a near perfect balance of brightness, whiteness, run-time, size, cost, and easily available batteries for an EDC.

It doesn't matter how you wear it... Just be sure you wear it.

TR

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
chrisse242 said:
I have that same holster, made by tatonka, I didn't even know it was sold outside of germany. Anyway for my taste it's much to big for the fenix. I actually carry my longbow micra in it from time to time.

Chrisse

I didn't know they sold it in Germany! LOL. I don't even know where Tatanka originates from.

I think the pouch is slightly 'big' in that sense (in relation to the Fenix), but the horizontal carry makes it pretty flush with the body. I wouldn't swap carrying my Fenix with another bigger torch just because the latter fitted the pouch more, esp. if the Fenix outperforms it.

Some 'leeway' also means I can carry other slightly bigger torches in it in future :D