Holser life of Fenix

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
My Fenix L1P is going to outlive it's holster. Any ideas? Who makes something more rugged that fits?

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or for the near term for only $5 each, while they last, 4Sevens has spare originals. I grabbed a couple spares with my last light purchase for the same reason.

pschlosser

Newly Enlightened
I agree. I have been wearing mine for two weeks, and the holster is already showing definate signs of wear. As it wears, it requires two hands to holster the thing back up, too.

jimmybrown2

Newly Enlightened
:sssh: You know what we need? A horizontal holster. One like they have for some cell phones. Due to certain physical characteristics, I can only wear my L1P holster in a couple of locations whereas if I had a small horizontal one, I could expand the number of places on my belt in which to locate the holster and still be able to comfortably sit down, if you know what I mean. I bought a police issue type one (vertical) for my cell phone for about $20 (it was from a police supply website). It's made of a very stiff canvas material and has held up quite well for over a year. A generic one along the lines of 4" or so made with a very sturdy elastic for the belt loop, maybe. Then again, maybe not, elastic maybe unnecessary. Whatdya think?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
For really rugged try Rip-offs brand holsters. They make a lot of sizes and I believe the one that fits the Infinity Ultra will also fit the Fenix.

-LT

jimmybrown2

Newly Enlightened
I think the Tadgear S-2 looks pretty good. I should have paid more attention to PowerNoodle's post when I first looked at it. It's pretty exact as to what I was looking for. :ohgeez: But, in my defense, I am still unenlightened.:grin2:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are nice, they have a soft liner for easy in and out, low wear on finish. Fits L1P and HDC EDC lights equally well (longer/skinnier vs shorter/fatter, it's a wash, you get full velcro overlap with either). I found the same pouch less the horizontal carry loops at my local army/navy surplus store as a Victorinox accessory for carrying a swiss army knife, with their usual cross logo emboidered on the flap, six bucks.

tntsl

Newly Enlightened
Here's a post for a kydex sheath for an L1P.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/100588

Kydex should hold up better than any nylon sheath. The downside is that it'll also wear the light's coating down more than any nylon sheath. That said, if the light is gonna see a lot of carry and use, wear marks shouldn't be a real big deal. IMHO the wear marks my EDC tools (light, knife, etc.) collect add character and make me like them even more.

Last edited:

Roy82

Newly Enlightened
Looks like Fenix has changed their holser/belt pouch on their site...

Has anyone seen one of these out in the wild yet? It's definately not the one I have. Does look more durable, hopefully it will be available seperately, but its always an excuse to buy another :naughty:. Aww, and it has a Fenix tag on the side too.