Surefire U2 Tailstand (a little dial-up unfriendly)

JimmyB

Enlightened
I'm sure many know that Surefire makes a tailcap that fits the 6P style of lights and also fits/works with the U2. The Z49 has a rubber sleeve around the clickie that allows it to tail-stand. The cap comes in a type ll shiney black finish that matches the finish on the 6P. As you can see from the pictures it looks ok on the U2, although it's a bit more shiney than it appears in the photo's. Just thought I'd share in case there was someone (anyone?) that didn't know this. Ok, OK, I'll shut up now.....
ohgeez.gif

JimmyB

u2a4um.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yep, this was one of the first things I tried when I first got a "U2"...
My photo of this combination has been online at pk-e
al-u2f.jpg

Bradlee

Enlightened
Thank you for posting this, as I was wondering this very question, but Surefire doesn't have any tailcaps listed as accessories for the U2. I guess I was the one person who wasn't aware.

It looks like it adds some length though; I really like the current length of my U2. Do you find it makes a big difference?

-Brad

JimmyB

Enlightened
Well darn it,

I *really* did search before I posted. I figured you guys would be way ahead of me (though that's not hard to do).:whistle: Later.....

JimmyB

JimmyB

Enlightened
Bradlee

The stock cap is about the size of the aluminum portion of the Z49. The rubber part is all extra length. It's also a bit larger in diamer than the regular cap. So if size is an issue, you probably won't like it.

JimmyB

greenLED

Flashaholic
no worries, dude! I didn't know about it. (and the search function is not fully enabled yet -recent software update)
Welcome to CPF!!

Flashdark

Enlightened
I just learned something the other day that I had never thought of before. Any F-0x slip-on filter for the E/L series Surefire flashlights will serve as a slip-on tailstand for any 1"-body flashlight such as C2/C3/M2/M3/U2/Z2/6P etc. etc. etc. Neat!!!!! Neat!!!!! Neat!!!!!

Therefore, why carry the extra size/weight/length of a Z-49 attached to the light all of the time. After all, any respectable flashaholic will also have an F-ox equipped E/L series light somewhere near at hand that can serve as a tailstand host when needed.