Thanksgiving- How did your visiotrs react to your light collection?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I wanna hear all about it,

How did your visiting friends and family react to all of your flashlights when they came to visit this tukey day????

Did you convert anybody to the bright side???

Did you wow them with a HID???

-PSM

Macaw

Enlightened
My family simply humors me with unenthusiastic expressions such as: "oh cool" and "that's nice". When I say: " I love flashlights" They say: "yeah... I know".
ohgeez.gif

Tis not easy being a flashlight enthusiast in my family.
icon6.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll be having Thanksgiving dinner with my two housemates - one I've known since the late-1980s, and they already know about my flashlights, lasers, & other lighting products.

TorchMan

Enlightened
I did the visiting. At one place, my lights never were discussed or viewed. Ah, but at the other...

We were not talking about lights. My friend pulls out his light (when I examined it was a Cabela's Pro 5mm LED light) and shines it in my eyes from the couch he was sitting on, about six or seven feet away. Big mistake!

I have the PD III clipped on my left pants pocket. It's the only light I've carried clipped for any period of time, even though it's really new to me. I quick drew it pressed the piston down all the way. "Wow, that's bright!" he winces and turns his eyes.

I may be the 142 fastest gun in the West, but today I found number 143!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gave dad his 4 pallights that I ordered for him. He loves them and was happy to see the 'new' economy model. He thinks that digging flashlights is great, but would be horrified at the outrageous prices for some items. I try to keep my purchases small, but they do add up>! My dad was pretty much sold on pallights when he first got his like 10 years ago. I hope I can get him something he likes better.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
With tolerance and kindness. Except for my neice, who may be slowly converting.

She is a young worman uber-engineer - Phd in heavy duty microelectronics and the real thing (sorry, an uncle needs to brag sometimes).

She was sweet enough to fly in from out of state so I couldn't help but give her some toys to remember me by until next Thanksgiving (a handpicked upgraded Costco 1W 2AA Luxeon, a RR 0.5W 2AAA, a classic CMG Infinity with green LED, a 4 channel smart charger, and so on). She was quite enthused about the Costco light and the RR. I told her the CMG was a good last ditch light because it would work for her if she ever needed it, for a long time, no matter what. Almost bought tears to my eyes, saying that.

Family is great, and I feel like the luckiest person

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I showed a River Rock 4AA LED lantern to my mother-in-law. Her instant reaction was that she wanted to buy one ASAP and asked a lot of questions about it.

Her motivation? There was a power failure in her neighborhood recently and she had grown so tired of using candles.