Got your Thanksginving dinner prep going?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How are we all doing? Made the crusts and did the pumpkin pies last night, just finished with the onion and celery stuffing, and the squash is in the oven. Now to the turkey.

What are you work on?

attowatt

Enlightened
Re: Got your Thanksgiving dinner prep going?

I am smoking my 13 pound turkey with mesquite on the barbecue grill- weber type
rauch30.gif

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
I've cooked everything for Thanksgiving for 29 years now. My wife is from Korea, and didn't know how to cook any of the usual stuff back when we were first together. You would think she would have some idea by now, but I guess this is her day to lounge around and ask when it's going to be ready.

Anyway, the turkey is going in the oven in a half hour. I make the pies first thing in the morning.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
My preparations were slightly delayed by an impromtu trip to the emergency room. My son woke from his nap with a horribly croupy cough and couldn't really breath very well! So that was a bit scary... They fixed him up and we're home again, and he's looking much better. So dinner plans go forward, just a little bit behind. Amazingly cheery bunch at the ER today considering they are on duty through Thanksgiving. It's usually after dinner that most people decide to go to the ER ;) No mashed potato induced heart trouble arriving there just yet.

It's always on the days when you're most busy and scheduled that the most happens to throw you off!

I'm not completely sure of the temp probe placement in the bird either, as I can't imagine that it's almost done already. This is too early! So I'll be backing that up with a different probe before pulling it out. Nothing is ever easy ;) Luckily though the rest of the family is bringing all the other stuff, so i only have to make sure the bird doesn't burn down.

Ooof, what a day...

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm at my house right now but we'll be going over to my Aunt's place in Anaheim later today.

She's got the bird in the oven already.

Literator

Newly Enlightened
My wife loves to do all the Thanksgiving cooking, which is fine with me. Some holidays she has to work at the nursing home, so just having her home is a treat. The turkey is in the oven, stuffing in the crock pot, cherry pie cooling on top of the stove, coconut cream pie in the fridge, corn to start up in about an hour - and football on TV. It doesn't get much better than that!

Hope everyone has/had a wonderful day!:clap:

--Bob

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm already at my Aunt's.

The bird is aready ready but there is still roast beef and baked potatos in her oven.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
We did an inside job this year.

Smelled up the house and the neighbors' yards with AllSpice and citrus juice.

I'm reporting in that Jamaican Jerk Cornish Game Hens are the bomb. I thought that this was my invention but no. I hear that turkeys have been done this way before. I'm not much on gravy but I wanted to tell you that the drippings from JJCGHs can build up nicely then reduce to make a delightful dipper.

I'm da man.

A little Merlot was an excellent companion livation. Coffee just finished brewing. Razzleberry pie is cooling out. The vanilla ice cream is in fear.

-------------

- Jeff

Last edited: