Guess which light is which?....

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Guess which light is which....
X5_Nite_Ize.gif

one light is a $40 Inova X5 White
one light is a $7 Minimag with a $5 Nite Ize retrofit kit.....

[spoiler space]
[/spoiler space]
Yes, the left one is the $12 NIMag, and the right one is the $40 X5, i'm alternatively vaguely dissapointed in the X5, and rather impressed with the NIMag, yes the NIMag has a smaller spot of light, but not by much, and the color temperature seems more neutral than the X5

that said, i'm still keeping the X5 as it's fit and finish are far superior to the NIMag, it's just a cooler light, more durable, more waterproof, it has the "cool factor", OTOH, the NIMag is more versatile, as it can be run as incan or LED, runs on a wide variety of easier to find batteries (carbon cell, Alkaline, "Alkaline Titanium", NiCad, Lithium, and NIMH) and can be used in "candle mode", i found the incan bulb is better for candle mode than the Nite Ize kit, the NI kit *will* work, but more as a "directional" candle than anything else

but the X5 is still just plain "cooler", i guess it's like choosing between a Dodge Neon and a Dodge Viper, both are cars, both have 4 wheels and an engine, both get you from point a to point b, the Viper is just cooler, but at the expense of fuel economy and cargo carrying capacity, faster and cooler, yet less versatile......

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand completely what you're saying... The Minimag with the Nite Ize or even with an MJLED, gives good runtime, nice flood, an overall good beam. But I doubt you'll ever see the crew from CSI toting around a Nite Ize on camera. The X5 is just a cool light.