First Post...Can anyone suggest a decent M6 pouch?

Colonial Marine

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, this is my first post, and thank you, this is a great forum which I have enjoyed lurking in as a guest for some time now.

I love it, even if its gonna cost me a bundle in gucci torches!

I am currently looking for a pouch/holster for a Surefire M6 Guardian. I am a police officer so it really needs to go on a duty belt and be black, if possible. Also a closed pouch is preferable.

One problem is that I am based in the Uk, so choices for suppliers are limited.

What and who would you suggest?

I've seen the Blackhawk pouch which seems to be the only one I can find at the moment? Looks nice enough. And Im sure is up to the task.

I dont want to bother with Edgar brothers, as their prices are pretty extreme. So a US supplier who ships internationally is essential.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance.

Regards

CM

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also a law enforcement officer and use the Surefire M6 as my primary flashlight.

I carry it two ways. One, in a Maglite ring holder belt keeper. Two, in a Blackhawk pouch in the front of my gun belt.

Both have their positives and drawbacks. The ring holder is faster to get the light into and out of action. By using the ring, I can put my backup flashlight (a Stinger or SF M3) in the pouch.

The pouch holds the light more securely. I have had the flashlight drop out of the ring holder and onto the ground. Now has a little scratch on the glass. My Blackhawk pouch is also starting to fray at the bottom seam. There is a small hole where the stitching is coming out, but it isn't a problem yet.

kukula

Enlightened
Hello Colonial Marine and welcome to CPF!

I also use a Blackhawk pouch with my M6. Its belt loop is adjustable for snug fit. I also love that it has a flap to protect the bezel/head of my light. This "flap" is also adjustable for secure carry. It also allows different M6 (either CB or not) to be used with this holster. For the money, I think its the best carrier out there

Colonial Marine

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome and your replies guys,

to be honest I was leaning heavily towards the blackhawk anyway and I think you just tipped me over the edge.

Now can you suggest a reputable supplier who does international shipping to the UK?

There arent even any on ebay at the moment, and Blackhawk themselves told me to use their UK supplier "Edgar brothers" who are a bit pricey.

Regards

CM

PS can i just say, that as a recent SF M6 purchaser, I still get such a secretly childish little thrill when a colleague gets out some cheap crappy supermarket 10 million candlepower lantern to search for suspects and then I turn night into day with my M6!!!

What a nice bit of kit!

Its my first foray into high spec lighting after 4 years of Asp triad lighting, and I am extremely chuffed.

I am now looking forward to modding my two car kit 2xD cell maglites, which I just retired tonight with a new SF E2D for the missus and a new 6P with aftermarket crenallated bezel from Lighthound for me.

Plus I have a SF G2 on its way for a little general use backpack torch.

Help, Ive been bitten by the torch bug!

Am I a lumophile?:wtf: im not even scared of the dark.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I use a BlackHawk M6 pouch - they are just right for a variety of flashlights including the M6.

I understand that SOE do one too but I've not experience of it.

This is the BH pouch:
P263.jpg

It's also great for the TigerLight 8" version.
Other SureFires that work well as 9V 2.5" TurboHeads such as the M3T or 9P+KT2 or Z3+SRTH etc, and the 9AN+KT3 (TurboHead model).

P265.jpg

Because the fabric is quite light-weight and flexible (perhaps more so because I've used it for several years) it is actually quite compact when not holding the flashlight. I've not had any durability issues and if you find a source please let me know because I'm also looking for more M6 pouches.

It would be nice to have a pouch that could fit an M6 or M3T with BeamFilter attached though. It wouldn't look as neat and tidy as the current M6 pouch does. It's kinda subtle which is great.

Al

CLHC

Flashaholic
How about MAXPEDITION's Universal Flashlight | Baton Sheath found here:

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme gear/gear organizers main/universal_sheath.htm

If you notice the picture it's sporting the Mag-Light flashlight too so should be no problem holstering the SFM6. Besides the price is hard to pass up at roughly $18.00USD!

Well hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

By the way—Welcome to CPF Colonial Marine!

cy

Flashaholic
Welcome to cpf CM

Ripoff makes the best pouches I've seen by anyone. unfortunately their M6 model only fits M6 with filter.

too loose for use without a filter. need to purchase a blackhawk pouch for my M6.

if you're getting to be a fan of M6. look up JS's M6R rechargable pack for M6. 200% improvement over stock M6.

beams is bright and white for entire 20 minute run on Hola. no more heat related shutdown and of course guilt-free lumens.

falconz

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm.... just got my M6 the other day and could not help shopping for more accessories for it.... got a FM27 beamcover....and the next most practical thing to get would be a pouch....

Shopped around abit both on the net and around local shops. Did not want to choose the blackhawk`s holster due to price and also I wanted something unique.
I actually found a holster at a shop that can actually fit snugly the M6 with the FM27 attached! The pouch`s construction is quite good and has good padding all round to protect the torch. And it`s covered (zippered and abit of velcro)too! It only cost me around $12!! And it`s relatively simple to find since it`s a common brand.
The only drawback is that it`s not as compact as the Blackhawk version. But that does not disturb me at all since I can place extra batteries in the extra space.
Will try to post some pictures later. :)

Colonial Marine

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again for the welcome, and of course for the replies and suggestions. I am still no closer in finding a supplier who is "international shipping" friendly though!

regards

CM

Colonial Marine

Newly Enlightened

bagman

Enlightened
Colonial Marine said:
bagman, you are a genius!

its been said before but only by my mother and the very drunk :D

p.s. come and visit us at british blades if you are not already a member?

Colonial Marine

Newly Enlightened
bagman said:
its been said before but only by my mother and the very drunk :D

p.s. come and visit us at british blades if you are not already a member?

I certainly will come and visit, although I confess I have alway been a bit of a heathen production knife man.

When I lived in South Africa many years ago I worked in a knife/outdoor shop for 5 years as a part timer/sstruggling student and loved every minute, i spent nearly all my wages on maglite/spyderco/victorinox/cold steel/benchmade. (Custom stuff was a bit pricey) Although i did own an Andre DeVilliers belt buckle knife for while. (had to get rid of it as not very PC over here in UK.)

regards

CM

falconz

Newly Enlightened
This is what I just bought for a holster for SF M6. Slightly bulkier than Blackhawk`s but hell of a lot cheaper! Not to mention more cushioning!

66967033_c9150ec225.jpg

66967032_c9346f202f.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
That's interesting Falonz. Can it go on a duty belt and the SureFire M6 be quickly deployed for use? Just curious. . .

Safe way to protect your fine piece of illuminating torch though! Enjoy!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hello Illuminator196972! Not to step off topic here but have you seen this GB thread?

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/94341

They have great buys for SureFires including the SF.M6! Don't know what it's going for but I'm sure it's alot less than elsewhere.

Bought mine when they first came out and got it for a whole lot less then, which was an introductory sale price than what's considered less now.

falconz

Newly Enlightened
CHC said:
That's interesting Falonz. Can it go on a duty belt and the SureFire M6 be quickly deployed for use? Just curious. . .

Safe way to protect your fine piece of illuminating torch though! Enjoy!

Thanks. I'm not sure about the width of the strap of your duty belt. But it has a generous space for belt holstering. As for quick deploy, it has a small vecro piece that can be used instead of the zip. I wouldn't rate it for tactical use but it's enough for everyday ruff and tuff...

Latest posts