Does anyone use a Inova T3 with Rechargables?

capriman86

Newly Enlightened
as the title says....

I have a friend with a T3
He loves the light and can't stand how many batts he goes thru and was wondering if he could use rechargable 123's in it?

If yes....do you's have a particular place you would buy them from?

Thank you!

~Jeff

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a T3 and it doesn't see much use, primarily due to size and the cost of the cells. I don't have any of the so-called 3.0V rechargeables (which come off the charger at about 3.6V), but I wouldn't recommend running it on two of the 3.7V (which come off the charger at about 4.2V). The general rule is one cell lights are capable of being run with the rechargeables but the two cell lights are not.

One might consider running one primary 123 and one rechargeable... That would cut the cost in half and would be a bit brighter while giving a bit less runtime. I'm not condoning this in ANY fashion and I've read that it could be *dangerous*... but I'm still gonna try it.

Also, does your friend know that 123 cells can be bought for about $1.00 each?

Last edited:

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do mind the extended version of T3, it could run on 3-4 Ni-MH AA too. :rock:

capriman86

Newly Enlightened
cratz2 said:
Also, does your friend know that 123 cells can be bought for about $1.00 each?

I don't have any lights that run on these....where do you recommend buying them for a buck a piece?

Thank you for the replies

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://batterystation.com/cpf.htm

All the way at the bottom.
icon14.gif

Kilted

Enlightened
A T3 is the same as an XO3 with a different grip pattern. I have both a T3 and XO3. The XO3 is my edc is use a Pila 168S. To make it fit the outer jacket "Pila" will need to be peeled off, under the "Pila" jacket is a "Wolf-eyes" label. See here for the details.

True you do not get full intensity but you will save a bunch on buying CR123A.

=D~~ Kilted

ledled

Newly Enlightened
I used to ran on 3.3v rechargeable, 3.6V off charger. I didn't use them long enough to determine its safety. Then I switched to 3xNimh AA's and still brighter than my other 3v lights.