Jetbeam        

Thread: A 1st for me today . . .

Default A 1st for me today . . .

The wife couldn't find a shoe in the closet and she asked to borrow one of my flashlights! She never did that before, or at least not since I got hooked on this damn obsession. I actually though about "here, try my new GatLight", but then thought better of it. How do you explain something like that to someone who has a purse full of coupons for .50 off this and an free fry with that.

Default Re: A 1st for me today . . .

My wife could "take or leave" my lights - that is until one day she was looking for something under the bed with some lame/dim/full of artifacts incancescent light and couldn't see.

She's been hooked on a few nice little lights I set her up with ever since:

purple AAA MiniMag w/ a Terralux drop-in
    purple AA MiniMag w/ a nice sandwich from "The Sandwich Shoppe"
    ARC AAA w/a Berkeley Point mini-clip
    PALight "Selector"

I've offered her other torches - but she's content with her "little lights"!
    She knows there's some "Big Dogs" around the house if she needs them!

BELIEVE ME - IT'S A GOOD THING TO HAVE YOUR WIFE APPRECIATE A FINE TORCH!! Makes further acquisitions much easier and acceptable!! I even think she "trusts" me!! Don't get the wrong idea - she's my priceless treasure!
    -"Must control self"-

Thumbs up Re: A 1st for me today . . .

A first for me today was when the visiting nurse from Providence Home Health whipped out a Streamlight 4xAA LED flashlight to examine my housemate's legs with - that was the first time I've ever seen anybody in the medical profession use an LED flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by The_LED_Museum
    A first for me today was when the visiting nurse from Providence Home Health whipped out a Streamlight 4xAA LED flashlight to examine my housemate's legs with - that was the first time I've ever seen anybody in the medical profession use an LED flashlight.
    Cool! Nice to see someone in the medical profession who's "enlightened."
    Veni vidi velcro

I went to see Harry Potter this last Friday with my wife and she was trying to find something in her purse. I was going to offer her my new style Arc or KIT when I saw a small LED turn on in her hand. My heart swelled with pride as I saw it was an old style Arc with a blue Glowring attached. It's the little things in life I love.
    Dana

My wife asked for a flashlight for her birthday!!!
    Light is sweet and pleasing to the eyes....

my hugs and kisses was the one who got me hooked haha

I just picked up a 1 million candle power spot light the other day. I showed it to my wife and she responded with the usual female line "What are you going to do with that and dont you have enough lights already?" I didnt even get the chance to show it off before she tore me down. Anyway, I put it away, come back from the basement and then she says "Wheres that light I want to see it?" I replied "Tool late its put away!" I ended up showing her later on that night, we lit up some house's dwon the street.
    LED's impress but Incans satisfy

Flashaholic*

My Lion Heart has been used as a pre lights out reading nightlight in the kids room by my wife since I got it around this time last year. Not only is my wife hooked on using it in this application, so is my 2 1/2 year old daughter who won't go to sleep without the flashlight in the room.