A 1st for me today . . .

wmpwi

Enlightened
The wife couldn't find a shoe in the closet and she asked to borrow one of my flashlights! She never did that before, or at least not since I got hooked on this damn obsession. I actually though about "here, try my new GatLight", but then thought better of it. How do you explain something like that to someone who has a purse full of coupons for .50 off this and an free fry with that.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
My wife could "take or leave" my lights - that is until one day she was looking for something under the bed with some lame/dim/full of artifacts incancescent light and couldn't see.

She's been hooked on a few nice little lights I set her up with ever since:

purple AAA MiniMag w/ a Terralux drop-in
purple AA MiniMag w/ a nice sandwich from "The Sandwich Shoppe"
ARC AAA w/a Berkeley Point mini-clip
PALight "Selector"

I've offered her other torches - but she's content with her "little lights"!
She knows there's some "Big Dogs" around the house if she needs them!

BELIEVE ME - IT'S A GOOD THING TO HAVE YOUR WIFE APPRECIATE A FINE TORCH!! Makes further acquisitions much easier and acceptable!! I even think she "trusts" me!! :ohgeez:Don't get the wrong idea - she's my priceless treasure!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
A first for me today was when the visiting nurse from Providence Home Health whipped out a Streamlight 4xAA LED flashlight to examine my housemate's legs with - that was the first time I've ever seen anybody in the medical profession use an LED flashlight. :) :D :thumbsup: :D :)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The_LED_Museum said:
A first for me today was when the visiting nurse from Providence Home Health whipped out a Streamlight 4xAA LED flashlight to examine my housemate's legs with - that was the first time I've ever seen anybody in the medical profession use an LED flashlight. :) :D :thumbsup: :D :)

Cool! Nice to see someone in the medical profession who's "enlightened." :)

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to see Harry Potter this last Friday with my wife and she was trying to find something in her purse. I was going to offer her my new style Arc or KIT when I saw a small LED turn on in her hand. My heart swelled with pride as I saw it was an old style Arc with a blue Glowring attached. It's the little things in life I love.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a 1 million candle power spot light the other day. I showed it to my wife and she responded with the usual female line "What are you going to do with that and dont you have enough lights already?"
duh2.gif
I didnt even get the chance to show it off before she tore me down. Anyway, I put it away, come back from the basement and then she says "Wheres that light I want to see it?" I replied "Tool late its put away!"
scowl.gif
I ended up showing her later on that night, we lit up some house's dwon the street.

M_R

Enlightened
My Lion Heart has been used as a pre lights out reading nightlight in the kids room by my wife since I got it around this time last year. Not only is my wife hooked on using it in this application, so is my 2 1/2 year old daughter who won't go to sleep without the flashlight in the room.