Re: 40-56 lumen EternaLight!!!

paulr

Flashaholic

Edit: This thread was split from a Manufacturer's forum thread as an improper follow up to a manufacturer's announcement. The discussion can be handled in this forum - Empath

I don't believe 10-14 lumen per led unless you've got some integrating sphere tests. I can believe half that, 5-7 lumen per led.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can believe it.
I modded an LedLenser Triplex 3 led light a few months back with Nichia cs500 CO binned leds, that is actually brighter than either of my Everleds.
The Nichia cs500 series of leds can handle that kind of stress better than most T5 leds can.

paulr

Flashaholic

I don't believe Everleds run at 10-14 lumens. The UK 4AA eLED is probably less than 10 lumens. Are you saying these 5mm leds are brighter than the UK 4AA?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm a bit confused; what exactly are these leds? Specs? How do they compare to what you included in my CPF refurbed EliteMax?

Lightmeup

Enlightened

What does 15x35K or 35x35K LEDs mean? I haven't noticed this terminology before. Also, what is the difference between them? And the difference between them and the standard 26K LEDs that come with the CPF EliteMax?

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not sure if it is true or not...but, if it is, I am IN!

I don't have the CPF Elitemax, but I could solder them in myself.

NEED MORE INFO!!!
Type of LED, service life, etc.

Bob

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

paulr said:
Edit: This thread was split from a Manufacturer's forum thread as an improper follow up to a manufacturer's announcement. The discussion can be handled in this forum - Empath

I don't believe 10-14 lumen per led unless you've got some integrating sphere tests. I can believe half that, 5-7 lumen per led.

Maybe these are the double die 5mm leds, hence double the lumen estimate?

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened

Yes, they are multi-die LEDs (well at least the 35X35K are). Maybe this will help you believe it. 35deg, 35CP and 15Deg, 35CP are what the notations stand for.

paulr

Flashaholic

Oh ok, that does help, if multi-die. What's the total drive current?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

4 dies and 15 lumens at 80mA is what I've seen. 20mA per die.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

What would be killer here would be beam shots of these new leds vs the ones you included with the CPF EliteMax. Barring that, comments on their brightness, color, artifacts/rings would be nice.

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened

As they were specially ordered for this use, we will not sell them packaged any other way at this time. Mfr claims 10-14 lumens @80ma, our equipment confirms that. Mfr's chart shows only a 5% degradation in light output at 80ma after 1000 hours (comparable to Nichia). EliteMax has no problem meeting this current in each LED. EliteMax can push plenty more current for it's overdrive. Color is good, just a bit toward the blue. 35 degrees is wide but there is quite a bit of light. To see how you can get them, look at my original post:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/99454&highlight=eternalight

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was going to order the CPF Edition Elitemax, but now I feel like I should wait and get one with these bulbs in it.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in for a set for sure! What equipment are you using to confirm lumen ratings? My understanding is that a light meter measures lux/cd only, and that that measure cannot be translated to lumens. Lumens require an integrating sphere, which seems to be a really expensive piece of equipment. In any event, this seems like a great development for Eterna-fans like me!

:)

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened

We use a diffusion chamber which is not as accurate as an integrating sphere but we only need whole number precision for lumens. The EliteMax will NOT come with these LEDs, they will have to be ordered in a seperate or add-on package as specified at the beginning of this post.

Tritium

Enlightened

MrEternaLight said:
We use a diffusion chamber which is not as accurate as an integrating sphere but we only need whole number precision for lumens. The EliteMax will NOT come with these LEDs, they will have to be ordered in a seperate or add-on package as specified at the beginning of this post.

I assume that you will be posting a link to these when they are available?

Thurmond

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tom, thanks for the info. I will certainly be waiting for these bad boys for my EliteMax. Any thoughts you care to share on the color and beam quality?

MrEternaLight said:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm. Are these leds the same as the Super MJLEDs being offered now by Lambda? They are 4 die jobbies that take 100ma/ea.