Mods for a Brinkmann Legend? (The older one that looks like a Mini MAG)

freakflag

Newly Enlightened
It looks as if the Nite Ize conversion will work and I have seen the Lambda lights stuff, but, are any of the Mini Mag Lux kits compatible with my Brinkmann as a drop in replacement? Thanks in advance. :)

BTW...I luv this place. :D

freakflag

Newly Enlightened
Re: Mods for a Brinkmann Legend? (The older one that looks like a Mini MAG) UPDATE!

UPDATE:

So, I bought the Nite Ize conversion at Wally World today.
Not too bad.
It's not going to cause anyone to go blind, but, it provides a very usable light with a slightly bluish cast.
All in all, I'm impressed for $5. Hopefully, I'll get decent runtimes with NiMH rechargables.

Still open to other suggestions, but, I'm thinking about trying a ministar2 and modifying the reflector.

ddaadd

Enlightened
Hmmm, is your Brinkman a 2 or 3 cell? I've got a 3 cell Legend, also known as the SLGI by Mr Bulk. (http://darkgear.com/mrbulk/slgi.htm)
If yours is a 2 x aa you will definatly like the ministar2, any of the minimag mods around here such as the mjled are good also. I am using the lithium AA's in every light I own for the few tenths of a volt extra they put out. I see a noticable increase in brightness with them, along with more runtime.
(waiting for Battery Station to get more in stock, 20@$1 ea )
MJled with the lithiums is good for 20+ hours. I have the original ministar and would like to try the ministar2 soon. Their is an excellent post ( cant seem to find now ) called Dummies Guide to MiniMag Mods that is an A-Z guide...... With
enough determination any of the minimag mods should fit your Brinkman !!