• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Space Needle Clone (LED Maglite - super bright)

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD

I've got two converted Mag's, a 2C and 2D with U or V bin LuxV emitter for sale. Both are outrageously bright, and are still focusable. I will take some light meter readings later if necessary.
  1. True SpaceNeedle clone, pewter color 2C body, runs on 3x123 direct-drive, buttery smooth switch, very bright with excellent tint and amazing throw. SOLD
    -
  2. Black 2D body, runs on 6xAA in 6xAA battery holder, extremely bright with great throw. The only issue with this one is that the emitter isn't perfect. There are some purple artifacts in the beam from one of the dies on the emitter. The only time it's a real issue is when hunting the great white walls. The emitter could be changed out, but it's so bright now that I didn't want to mess with it.
SN_Clones.jpg

I'm asking $85 for #1, and $55 for #2 shipped to US addresses, will ship worldwide if buyer agrees to pay postal and/or payment overages.

I can take PayPal (non-CC preferred add 3% + 35¢ for credit/debit cards), check, MO, and cash.

Posts of accepted offer here take precedence. PM with questions.

Thanks!

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Space Needle Clones (LED Maglite - super bright)

I used to own a Space Needle II clone and it was pretty danged bright but it did run on 9V... how does the 6xAA light compare in brightness since it's only 7.2V? Either way, this should make a budget-minded flashy very happy between the low entry cost and the ability to use rechargeable cells.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Vf in the 6xAA was a little lower, so it's almost just as bright. It runs awesome on NiMH rechargables.

rikvee

Enlightened

#1. True SpaceNeedle clone, pewter color 2C body, runs on 3x123 direct-drive, buttery smooth switch, very bright with excellent tint and amazing throw.

Is this fine to run of two Li-Ions as well? PM sent :takeit: :paypal:

Last edited:

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you mean 2x Pila/Wolf Eyes 150s or 150a, it should be fine. In fact, that would be an almost perfect power supply since they are rechargable.

bbaker22

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Space Needle Clone (LED Maglite - super bright)

I'll take #2. Please let me know where to send paypal (cc).

Thanks,
baker

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

bbaker22 said:
Pay pal sent.

Thanks!
baker

Goes out today or tomorrow, depending on if I can make it to the PO today or not.

THANKS!

bbaker22

Newly Enlightened

Beretta1526 said:
Goes out today or tomorrow, depending on if I can make it to the PO today or not.

THANKS!

Received. Thanks!

baker

rikvee

Enlightened
This SN clone turns out to be brighter than the real thing, thank you Beretta 1526 !
Just double-checking: are you sure it's safe to run off two Li-Ions?
Do all clones have a resistor fitted?

Last edited:

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad it made it to OZ in a reasonable amount of time...

No resistor in this one, I've never used a resistor since this is MrBulk style DD. I've thought of using a converter to regulate them though. If you are using two Pila 150's (or similar), it should be fine. The 3x123 is 9V, where 2x150a or 2x150s are 8.4V. I don't know enough about the unprotected cells to comment on those though.

It really has some serious throw though. I have one that's ready for an emitter, but with moving haven't had the chance to tinker around and put one in it yet. I can only hope that it will be near as bright.

Thanks!