Surefire U2 Pocket Clip Direction???

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
Hopefully this topic hasn't been :dedhorse: ....

The Surefire E1L, L1, E2L, L2, L4, L5, and A2 all have pocket clips where the business end of the torch would be facing up when worn.

Does anyone know the logic behind why the U2 Ultra has the pocket clip turned around. It appears to be the only LED torch Surefire makes with it reversed.

I've read complaints from U2 owners that wearing the U2 is uncomfortable because the business end is larger when stuffed in a pocket or any kind of sheath/carrier.

Obviously being Surefire there must have been a great deal of thought that went into the design before it was released.

Thoughts/comments?

:thinking:

iNDiGLo

kukula

Enlightened
Hmmmmm. I dunno. Contrary to what you said, I find the U2s clip to be the best of all SFs. Or any light for that matter. Until Dons new Ti clip came out that is. I find that carrying my light with the bezel inside my jeans pocket is actual more comfy, and the fact that my lens is protected inside is a big plus.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I find that the U2's clip design and orientation allows for a more secure and better ride compared to for example the M2 which has similar 'bezel' size compared to it's body. I find the U2's bezel a bit long for it's width for ideal pocketclipped EDC but I certainly prefer the clip compared to EDC'ing the M2.
I hope SureFire releases more products with this type of bezel-down pocketclip.

Al

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
I like it bezel down. Just added protection. I EDC mine 24/7, 7 days a week for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Haven't found it to be a problem at all or even really that noticeable.

Grubbster

Enlightened
WilsonCQB1911 said:
I EDC mine 24/7, 7 days a week for the last 3 or 4 weeks.
24/7? You are way more dedicated than me! I always take mine off at night and put it by the bedside. :lolsign:

jtice

Flashaholic
I like it alot better than my Bezel up clip on the L5.

Its better for larger dia. lights, so that the large bezel isnt at the top of the pocket.
Helps you get your hand in your pocket better.

~John

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Grubbster said:
24/7? You are way more dedicated than me! I always take mine off at night and put it by the bedside. :lolsign:

But the middle of the night is the one time you reall really need a light :laughing: . It hurts when I roll over though :laughing: ,