Train of Tornados in Arkansas 7:33 p.m. 2005_11_27

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Squall lines are not good but what we don't like to see is when they break up into rotating cells. When they become super cells showing circulation that's worse. Now when the cells become a train within a squall line, that's when some destruction is going to happen.

We see 7 or 8 indications of tornados. It's odd to get so many reports of damage this early into the event. There are reports of tornados on the ground. Autos and one 18 wheeler have been blown off the interstate. Homes and businesses damaged. When the State Police report a tornado that's pretty much a gauranteed tornado.

I'm a little agitated. The local weather guys have a tough job keeping up with what's going on but it's like they've never lived here or understand what's happening. They have focused on the northern half of the train and rotation signs. Well, I-30 is a tornado train track. Obvious to me that south of central Arkansas are tornados coming up the interstate. "The threat is decreasing for central Arkansas." Idiots. I wish they would take some of the time they are using to explain why they have interrupted programming and zoom in on some of those cells to my south.

Accu loop

Better Accu loop

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I remember some close calls and downright ugly weather when I was living in extreme northern Louisiana for 2 years (our street was literally the border with Arkansas).

Good luck and be safe!

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel for ya. Take care and let us know that you are OK.

mut

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
It has been obvious for years that our local newspaper's weather man lacks a window office! :green:

Larry

cy

Flashaholic
Tulsa is next to Arkansas and we just went thru a wind storm

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to happily admit that this time the TV weather dudes were right. About 20 minutes after I posted all the circulation indicators stopped to my south. I got a dozen pee wee pieces of hail and some hard rain. Did not feel the dreaded, massive drop in pressure. Whew!

idleprocess -

I know that area well. It can get tricky there, as you know, because it's not that often they get tornados but all the chemistry exists. Not my favorite part of the world. At least they can get some excellent eats not too far away in Lewisville at Burgess's.

Thanks for the good thoughts.

mut -

Totally OK here. Thanks for the empathy.

tvodrd -

Similar situation here. Except that they have windows. Only, they are so proud of the RADAR NOC they've forgotten that the windows should sync with the monitors.

cy -

Now let me get this straight. It's 75 degrees here, low pressure spinning snow in Kansas and sleeting in OK? Great. And a wind storm in Tulsa? Wonderful. Most of the energy is gone now so hopefully we'll just get 40 mph winds in the morning.

Thanks for the report. I'll be watching for it.

All -

Looks like a less than 1 doz. F1s and F2s. One fatality reported so far. I don't think this was what I was concerned it would be.

------------

- Jeff