Clip on SF U2

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone could measure the length of the clip on their Surefire U2. Also, could someone possibly remove it and take a picture of the back where it mounts to the light.

Thanks... I'm wantint to see how feasable it would be to mount on a Fenix.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I would say its a bit under 2 inches/ 5cm.

You cant remove it without breaking it, I believe....

IMO its the best surefire pocket clip ever!!! Bezel down rules!!

-PSM

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just wondering if I could possibly coerce Surefire to send me one for a fee as a loyal Surefire owner, though one that doesn't own a U2.
naughty.gif

Are there any holes near the end where it mounts? That is to say, if I drilled and tapped the Fenix, is there ANY chance the U2 clip could work with the Fenix?

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I recall, the wire that forms the clip is just formed into a circle that snaps around the body of the light. While someone smarter than me could probably stick it on a fenix, there would be more to it than just tapping the fenix and screwing the clip to the body.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics, but it looks like it would be quite difficult to make that clip work. I wish someone made a cheaper version of the excellent universal titanium clip. It's a very nice clip, but cost almost as much as I paid for one of my Fenix lights.

broke.gif