SmartFire 3W AAA

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
There's a thread in the Reviews section about the Smartfire 3W 2AA, that has some additional beamshots of the 3W 3AAA.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89871

I'm not a big fan of 3AAA Luxeon lights for various reasons, but this one looks pretty good for the price. The long-term properties of the 3W Luxeon clone are unknown.

For $21, it's hard to go wrong; it's cheaper than the equivalent Dorcy 3AAA LuxI flashlight. Even if the Lux clone poops out in a couple years, the body looks like a decent host for a mod. Some CPFers have ditched the 3AAA carrier and stuffed a li-ion battery in there, maybe with a different driver.

Anders

Enlightened
I've just received two of theese, one of them is 75% brighter then the other one?
I borrowed a luxmeter from a friend of mine (ELVOS is the brand) according to it, the brightest is 3200 LUX?, the other 1800 LUX.

I am not familiar with the meter, just to let you know the difference between them booth.
Two different tints one white, the other purple, the one with more power is a bit purple.

The one who is more dimish is stronger then 3W 2AA, 1000 LUX a light i received last week who doesn't exist anymore at Emils place.
I bought theese to my children as christmas gifts, I must have one to myself too:).
Maybe I take the brightest of them all:naughty:.

Anders